6230i text tones

When I send a text I get a tone that sounds the same same as an incoming
text. I've turned off warning tones but it still does it. How do I set it so
I only get a tone on incoming texts and not on ones I send?
Thanks
Richard
5 answers Last reply
More about 6230i text tones

    What operator are you using, O2 have this feature and it can not be turned
    off unless you ring them.

    > When I send a text I get a tone that sounds the same same as an incoming
    > text. I've turned off warning tones but it still does it. How do I set it
    so
    > I only get a tone on incoming texts and not on ones I send?
    > Thanks
    > Richard

    Sounds like you have message reports enabled. If so, your phone will
    generate the message tone every time you recieve a message.

    If not, you've got a glitch in the software and the only way to fix it is
    with a reflash at a service centre.
    Nokia may well do it for free as it's an obvious software-only glitch.

    -mark

    Im on O2. If I ring them can they stop it?

    "Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > What operator are you using, O2 have this feature and it can not be turned
    > off unless you ring them.

    If you're on pay as you go then yes I believe so.

    sorted. rang them up and they turned it off.
    Thank you

    > If you're on pay as you go then yes I believe so.

Nokia