Panasonic FZ20 and Nikon speedlights

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 22, 2005 9:18:17 AM

Hello,

I would be interested in hearing people's experiences with using Nikon
Speedlights on their Panasonic FZ20. Were the results OK? Any special
settings required? Any special tips that might be helpful?

I'm particularly interested in learning how the SB-24, SB-26, SB-28, SB-80,
SB-80DX and SB800/SB600 series speedlights worked with the FZ20.

--
Witold.
March 24, 2005 9:31:01 PM

I stick my old SB24 on my FZ20. Works perfectly.

On 22 Mar 2005 06:18:17 GMT, Witold <not@here.com> wrotd:

>Hello,
>
>I would be interested in hearing people's experiences with using Nikon
>Speedlights on their Panasonic FZ20. Were the results OK? Any special
>settings required? Any special tips that might be helpful?
>
>I'm particularly interested in learning how the SB-24, SB-26, SB-28, SB-80,
>SB-80DX and SB800/SB600 series speedlights worked with the FZ20.

ABC
Do not reply by email. Replay to NG
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 5:31:26 AM

ABC <ABC@nospam.net> wrote in

> I stick my old SB24 on my FZ20. Works perfectly.

Thanks for responding, ABC. It's appreciated.

--
Witold.
Anonymous

In my experience when you mix brands you have to experiment with different
settings: ISO, manual, automatic, etc.
It is not always a straightforward matter of sticking any auto flash on any
digital camera and having it work properly even if the camera manual says it
should. This has been my experience with hi end Sony digital cameras.
Even within brand lines older auto flashes made for film cameras may not
work in a straightforward fashion on digital cameras. This has been my
experience with Nikon dSLRs and older flash units.
!