Incense smoke, will it damage my computer?

oregonnative

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
Hi everyone,

I came home to find my friend using my computer with incense lit in the room. It was about 12-15' away from the computer with a fan on. I am not a smoker, and I don't have anything burning in my computer room.

My question is, could this cause any damage to my computer? Is there something I should do with my computer to clean it/make sure it hasn't been damaged? It was a single incident which makes me believe it wouldn't have done any damage, but I would rather find out now and make sure I've taken all of the steps to verify nothing has been damaged.

I've put about $2000 into my rig (computer, monitor, etc), and I'd hate for it to be damaged by something as ridiculous as incense smoke.

Cheers,
ON

*EDIT*
I'm sorry for posting this in this section, I figured it was related to computers so it fit here. I didn't see any other relevant section. Please move/remove if necessary.

Solution
Your sense of smell is pretty sensitive - there's not much of it in the actual air. Smoke is only a problem when it's coming from your computer.

Only problem it could ever cause is depositing stuff on the heatsinks - but you would need a huge amount.

EDIT: Just realised this was a bit of a gravedig...
Your sense of smell is pretty sensitive - there's not much of it in the actual air. Smoke is only a problem when it's coming from your computer.

Only problem it could ever cause is depositing stuff on the heatsinks - but you would need a huge amount.

EDIT: Just realised this was a bit of a gravedig...

Solution