Taking gaming computer on plane.

buk laou

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012
Hello, I have a Serious question I guess. Serious to me obviously. I live in Florida at the moment but will be moving to Pennsylvania soon, I need to take my computer with me. I don't really want to get it shipped to me. I was wondering if I could Put my computer in a suit case but make sure I have allot of cushion for it to lay in. I want to take it as a carry on as well. Haven't called the airline yet to know if that's possible. Last time I had to take my laptop out for some reason when taking it through the detector. My computer is a mid tower Storm Enforcer. I would take everything apart but after a while of having boxes sitting around I decided to through some away so I don't have anything to put my components in such as my mobo or GPU.

Solution
So would you recommend shipping ground via ups? I would only take my GPU and HDD out I think my ssd would be safe i dont really know.

>> Yes, UPS, FedEx and USPS all offer insurance at reasonable rates. If a hard drive in a laptop can survive a 3 foot drop, not recommended, but they used to test laptops that way, I would think your hard drive would be fine in the case.

buk laou

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012

I figured in a suit case I could roll it around, It's not to heavy though, I don't know the limit of how much something can weigh. If I can't bring it on plane then I'd have to ship it

bkoop

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
I took a computer in a heavy cardboard box and put it though checked luggage, the computer frame was bent and other assorted damage when I got it at baggage claim and airlines are not responsible for electronics. Lesson learned, don't do that again.

bkoop

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
I took a computer in a heavy cardboard box and put it though checked luggage, the computer frame was bent and other assorted damage when I got it at baggage claim and airlines are not responsible for electronics. Lesson learned, don't do that again.

Edit: It said site not available and when I hit reload, two posts were there.

buk laou

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012

So would you recommend shipping ground via ups? I would only take my GPU and HDD out I think my ssd would be safe i dont really know.

bkoop

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012

>> Yes, UPS, FedEx and USPS all offer insurance at reasonable rates. If a hard drive in a laptop can survive a 3 foot drop, not recommended, but they used to test laptops that way, I would think your hard drive would be fine in the case.

Solution

buk laou

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012

Alright much appreciated