May have been hacked?

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
trying to watch it now but i noticed a document pop up and it took a bit for me to remove it. came out of nowhere and it was followed by some other unusual activity. in/out internet data when I had Nothing running that would consume internet. Nonetheless, I'm looking for anti-hacking software/hardware. I've never really looked into this stuff much. But, anything that can protect me from being hacked or at least give me a warning that I was hacked. I've not looked into this much before it's late for me and I'd like some help getting started for that extra layer of protection.

I am running Avast at the moment and honestly it seems to suck pretty bad. I've gotten at least 14 viruses over the year running it. I have my moments just too tired to think and go clicky clicky but nonetheless..
I've thought of going back to ESET but not sure if it's worth it?

At this point I would like something along the lines of extreme or at least some options of mild to extreme for hacker protection.

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
I can't say this time it was anything I downloaded. I've not done anything other then install camera software recently and windows update. I am on skype 24/7 though for gaming and the one game I play Evony has a few hackers out and about. I'd assume it may have been through that. I never got any warnings on my computer. The document I found said something like My connections. connection SQL something something.... can't really remember now but i deleted that folder a while ago. I just at this point want to make sure i dealt with the issue and be sure it won't happen again. Assuming This was a hacking.

TRENDING THREADS