Battlefield 1942 will not run - The memory could not be "W..

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I recently upgraded my processor to a 2.53 Celeron "D" and everything works
fine (EQ, COD, Word Excel, Powerpoint, Jedi Knight ...) except for
Battlefield 1942. All drivers are up to date and I have run tests on the
memory and everything checks out OK. Dxdiag is error free and everything is
certified.

The exact error after the splash screen is:

The instruction at "0x02a4afa89" referenced memory at "0x00000000" . The
memory could not be "written"

EAgames has given up after I completely removed 1942 and reinstalled twice.
Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

--
AHIL-Bob

Hi Bob,

Let's try some basic troubleshooting. If the problem still persists
please post back and we'll try some more steps. Good luck! :)

1. To see if it's a software conflict: Temporarily disable Startup
programs one at a time, starting with Firewall, Antivirus, and ad
blockers using: http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php

You can lookup what a program does before you disable it here:
http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php

2. Run a virus scan at: http://housecall.antivirus.com and then
install MS AntiSpyware from: www.microsoft.com/spyware to
remove any Spyware or Adware which could clog up your PC.

3. Click My Computer / Rightclick the Drive & Choose Properties
/ Run the "Disk Cleanup..." / Next Click the "Tools" Tab and run
the "Error-Checking" and "Defragmentation" utilities.

4. Go to the Windows Update site for everything under Critical and
Recommended: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com Some games
require a patch: http://www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_list.asp?letter=a

5. Update DirectX and your Chipset, Sound, &Video Drivers:
For all Video / DirectX / Game and Hardware Issues, I have a
Checklist of Solutions at: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:686B5CC0-3D9E-4345-A6DF-9CF34691D5C3@microsoft.com...
|I recently upgraded my processor to a 2.53 Celeron "D" and everything works
| fine (EQ, COD, Word Excel, Powerpoint, Jedi Knight ...) except for
| Battlefield 1942. All drivers are up to date and I have run tests on the
| memory and everything checks out OK. Dxdiag is error free and everything is
| certified.
|
| The exact error after the splash screen is:
|
| The instruction at "0x02a4afa89" referenced memory at "0x00000000" . The
| memory could not be "written"
|
| EAgames has given up after I completely removed 1942 and reinstalled twice.
| Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?
|
| --
| AHIL-Bob

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Jimmy!

Thanks for trying to help!!!!

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> Let's try some basic troubleshooting. If the problem still persists
> please post back and we'll try some more steps. Good luck! :)
>
> 1. To see if it's a software conflict: Temporarily disable Startup
> programs one at a time, starting with Firewall, Antivirus, and ad
> blockers using: http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php

Disabled all possible startup apps and the problem still exists.

Also

The URL is broken but I got the gist of what to do.

> You can lookup what a program does before you disable it here:
> http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php
>
> 2. Run a virus scan at: http://housecall.antivirus.com and then
> install MS AntiSpyware from: www.microsoft.com/spyware to
> remove any Spyware or Adware which could clog up your PC.

Machine is clean, use AVG and make it a habit of doing the Tend scan
occasionally. Antispyware, Adaware and Search and Destroy have been used and
no significant adware or spyware is running.

> 3. Click My Computer / Rightclick the Drive & Choose Properties
> / Run the "Disk Cleanup..." / Next Click the "Tools" Tab and run
> the "Error-Checking" and "Defragmentation" utilities.

Done - No change

> 4. Go to the Windows Update site for everything under Critical and
> Recommended: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com Some games
> require a patch: http://www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_list.asp?letter=a

Done and Done! All updates were installed previously and no new ones were
available

I even went so far as to remove the MS updates from the 13th with no
success. (Don't worry I reinstalled them.)

> 5. Update DirectX and your Chipset, Sound, &Video Drivers:

All cheecked and updated with no positive result.

Is there a utility that shows what application is using a memory address and
may be preventing it from being written to?

Again, thanks for the help!!!

> For all Video / DirectX / Game and Hardware Issues, I have a
> Checklist of Solutions at: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>
> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
> MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
>

> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:686B5CC0-3D9E-4345-A6DF-9CF34691D5C3@microsoft.com...
> |I recently upgraded my processor to a 2.53 Celeron "D" and everything works
> | fine (EQ, COD, Word Excel, Powerpoint, Jedi Knight ...) except for
> | Battlefield 1942. All drivers are up to date and I have run tests on the
> | memory and everything checks out OK. Dxdiag is error free and everything is
> | certified.
> |
> | The exact error after the splash screen is:
> |
> | The instruction at "0x02a4afa89" referenced memory at "0x00000000" . The
> | memory could not be "written"
> |
> | EAgames has given up after I completely removed 1942 and reinstalled twice.
> | Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?
> |
> | --
> | AHIL-Bob

Hi Bob,

Before trying to debug the crash dump, are you running
SP 1 of Windows? Please upgrade to SP 2 if you are.

--

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A81798D9-0997-4FB3-9299-6623CDDFE6B1@microsoft.com...
> [...]
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
| > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
| >

| > "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:686B5CC0-3D9E-4345-A6DF-9CF34691D5C3@microsoft.com...
| > |I recently upgraded my processor to a 2.53 Celeron "D" and everything works
| > | fine (EQ, COD, Word Excel, Powerpoint, Jedi Knight ...) except for
| > | Battlefield 1942. All drivers are up to date and I have run tests on the
| > | memory and everything checks out OK. Dxdiag is error free and everything is
| > |
| > | The exact error after the splash screen is:
| > |
| > | The instruction at "0x02a4afa89" referenced memory at "0x00000000" . The
| > | memory could not be "written"
| > |
| > | EAgames has given up after I completely removed 1942 and reinstalled twice.
| > | Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?
| > |
| > | --
| > | AHIL-Bob

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Yep - I used the upgrade version that had SP 2 with it.

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> [...]
> | success. (Don't worry I reinstalled them.)
> |

> | > 5. Update DirectX and your Chipset, Sound, &Video Drivers:
> |
> | All cheecked and updated with no positive result.
> |
> | Is there a utility that shows what application is using a memory address and
> | may be preventing it from being written to?
> |
> | Again, thanks for the help!!!
> |
> | > For all Video / DirectX / Game and Hardware Issues, I have a
> | > Checklist of Solutions at: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html
> | >
> | > --
> | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
> | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> | >
> | > Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> | > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
> | > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
> | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.

Hi Bob,

Here are 3 more suggestions ...

1. Click Start / Control Panel /Administrative Tools / Event Viewer /
Click the Applications listing on the left / in the right pane look for
yellow or red symbols and doubleclick them to identify any problems,
and they often have a link to a KB article you can read for the solution.

2. Allow Windows to control your pagefile at a "system managed size",
and allow enough room for the pagefile size to = 1.5 * your RAM as per:
http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/expertzone/columns/mcfedries/03june16.asp
Another good reference is: http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php

3. Test your RAM using: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

--

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B45DB14E-6BBF-4B45-9D8D-ECEF65B51E8F@microsoft.com...
| Yep - I used the upgrade version that had SP 2 with it.
|
| "Jimmy S." wrote:
|
| > Hi Bob,
| >
| > Before trying to debug the crash dump, are you running
| > SP 1 of Windows? Please upgrade to SP 2 if you are.
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
| > MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
| >
| > "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A81798D9-0997-4FB3-9299-6623CDDFE6B1@microsoft.com...
| > | Jimmy!
| > |
| > | Thanks for trying to help!!!!
| > |
| > | "Jimmy S." wrote:
| > |

| > | Disabled all possible startup apps and the problem still exists.
| > |
| > | Also
| > |
| > | The URL is broken but I got the gist of what to do.
| > |
| > |

| > |
| > | Machine is clean, use AVG and make it a habit of doing the Tend scan
| > | occasionally. Antispyware, Adaware and Search and Destroy have been used and
| > | no significant adware or spyware is running.
| > |

| > |
| > | Done - No change
| > |
| > | Done and Done! All updates were installed previously and no new ones were
| > | available
| > |
| > | I even went so far as to remove the MS updates from the 13th with no
| > | success. (Don't worry I reinstalled them.)
| > |

| > |
| > | All cheecked and updated with no positive result.
| > |
| > | Is there a utility that shows what application is using a memory address and
| > | may be preventing it from being written to?
| > |
| > | Again, thanks for the help!!!
| > |

| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Jimmy,

Did 2 and 3. No immediate results with 2. Memory check out OK with the test
even in advanced.

Did some goofing around and found something interesting. I tried starting
1942 immediately (quickly) after the error occurred and it wouldn't start it.
However if I did it say 5 or 6 times in a row the application would
occasionally start. Unfortunately it ran extremely poorly. Graphics was slow
and jumpy.

Wierd. I don't know what it means.

I'll check out the event viewer to see if I can see anything.

Thanks! - Bob

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> Here are 3 more suggestions ...
>
> 1. Click Start / Control Panel /Administrative Tools / Event Viewer /
> Click the Applications listing on the left / in the right pane look for
> yellow or red symbols and doubleclick them to identify any problems,
> and they often have a link to a KB article you can read for the solution.
>
> 2. Allow Windows to control your pagefile at a "system managed size",
> and allow enough room for the pagefile size to = 1.5 * your RAM as per:
> http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/expertzone/columns/mcfedries/03june16.asp
> Another good reference is: http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php
>
> 3. Test your RAM using: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>
> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
>
> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B45DB14E-6BBF-4B45-9D8D-ECEF65B51E8F@microsoft.com...
> | Yep - I used the upgrade version that had SP 2 with it.
> |
> | "Jimmy S." wrote:
> |
> | > Hi Bob,
> | >
> | > Before trying to debug the crash dump, are you running
> | > SP 1 of Windows? Please upgrade to SP 2 if you are.
> | >
> | > --
> | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
> | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> | >
> | > Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> | > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
> | > MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
> | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
> | > _________________________________________________________

> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

> | > |
> | > |

> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

> | > | > |
> | > | > |
> | > | > |
> | > | > |

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Jimmy,

I used the event viewer and there was a KB article for the error but it
didn't provide any additional insight into the problem or provide a solution.

Is there any way to tell what is occupying the 0x00000000 address when I
start the application and get the error?

- Bob
--
AHIL-Bob

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> Here are 3 more suggestions ...
>
> 1. Click Start / Control Panel /Administrative Tools / Event Viewer /
> Click the Applications listing on the left / in the right pane look for
> yellow or red symbols and doubleclick them to identify any problems,
> and they often have a link to a KB article you can read for the solution.
>
> 2. Allow Windows to control your pagefile at a "system managed size",
> and allow enough room for the pagefile size to = 1.5 * your RAM as per:
> http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/expertzone/columns/mcfedries/03june16.asp
> Another good reference is: http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php
>
> 3. Test your RAM using: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>
> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
>
> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B45DB14E-6BBF-4B45-9D8D-ECEF65B51E8F@microsoft.com...
> | Yep - I used the upgrade version that had SP 2 with it.
> |
> | "Jimmy S." wrote:
> |
> | > Hi Bob,
> | >
> | > Before trying to debug the crash dump, are you running
> | > SP 1 of Windows? Please upgrade to SP 2 if you are.
> | >
> | > --
> | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
> | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> | >
> | > Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> | > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
> | > MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
> | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
> | > _________________________________________________________

> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

> | > |
> | > |

> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

> | > | > |
> | > | > |
> | > | > |
> | > | > |

Hi Bob,

Try the 2 and 3 suggestions I posted for you, and if the issue is still
not resolved, ping one of the Microsoft employees in this newsgroup
to see if they would analyse a crash dump if you send it to them.

--

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:959DE7EB-87FF-4890-969B-F12966D62B0C@microsoft.com...
| Jimmy,
|
| I used the event viewer and there was a KB article for the error but it
| didn't provide any additional insight into the problem or provide a solution.
|
| Is there any way to tell what is occupying the 0x00000000 address when I
| start the application and get the error?
|
| - Bob
| --
| AHIL-Bob
|

| "Jimmy S." wrote:
|
| > Hi Bob,
| >
| > Here are 3 more suggestions ...
| >
| > 1. Click Start / Control Panel /Administrative Tools / Event Viewer /
| > Click the Applications listing on the left / in the right pane look for
| > yellow or red symbols and doubleclick them to identify any problems,
| > and they often have a link to a KB article you can read for the solution.
| >
| > 2. Allow Windows to control your pagefile at a "system managed size",
| > and allow enough room for the pagefile size to = 1.5 * your RAM as per:
| > http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/expertzone/columns/mcfedries/03june16.asp
| > Another good reference is: http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php
| >
| > 3. Test your RAM using: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
| > MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
| >
| > "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B45DB14E-6BBF-4B45-9D8D-ECEF65B51E8F@microsoft.com...
| > | Yep - I used the upgrade version that had SP 2 with it.
| > |
| > | "Jimmy S." wrote:
| > |
> [...]
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > | > |
| > | > |

| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |

Hi,

I have the same problem with battlefield - but only when I try to
connect to an online game. All other game modes work fine (at least
Instant Battle)

I also checked to play online with Battlefield 1942 (not Desert Combat)
and that works just fine.

HERE IS THE ERROR MESSAGE WHEN TRYING TO PLAY DESERT COMBAT ONLINE:

-Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Date: 1/7/2005
Time: 8:45:55 PM
User: N/A
Computer:
Application popup: BF1942 (Ver: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:58:45): BF1942.exe
- Application Error : The instruction at "0x004931cc" referenced memory
at "0x00000014". The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.-

THIS IS THE MICROSOFT EXPLANATION:

-The program could not load a driver because the program user doesn't
have sufficient privileges to access the driver or because the drive is
missing or corrupt.-

I went through all the memory tests, etc. disabling firewalls,
anti-virus, windows is updated correctly, you name it. I also pulled
out all PCI Cards to see if the problem comes from there.

I am out of ideas - if anybody has any other ideas... please let me
know.
cheers,
andi

System Info
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer INTEL_
System Model D845EBG2
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~1800 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. PT84520A.86A.0015.P08.0302261328,
2/26/2003
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180
(xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 354.28 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.22 GB

Pentium 4 1.8A GHz
Radeon 9200 128 MB

--
gigiga
gigiga's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=6035

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Jimmy;

I just wanted to update you. After working with MS directly and after trying
everything we tried a second time I went back to extreme basics.

The last major change other than updates was the upgrade to the Celron D
2.53 processor. Since everything else was checked that seemed like the only
candidate left. I replaced it with a P4 3.2 Ghz 800 fsb and the error
disappeared.

I never had a processor problem manifest itself in that way. My experience
has been it works or doesn't work.

I am going to contact Intel and try to get the Celeron replaced. I still
like Celerons despite this interesting problem.

Thanks again for helping!
--
AHIL-Bob

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> [...]
> | > and they often have a link to a KB article you can read for the solution.
> | >
> | > 2. Allow Windows to control your pagefile at a "system managed size",
> | > and allow enough room for the pagefile size to = 1.5 * your RAM as per:
> | > http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/expertzone/columns/mcfedries/03june16.asp
> | > Another good reference is: http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php
> | >
> | > 3. Test your RAM using: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
> | >
> | > --
> | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
> | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> | >
> | > Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> | > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
> | > MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
> | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.

That's a fascinating turn of events Bob.
I truly admire your tenacity to troubleshoot the issue right
down to the processor. I hope Intel accepts your findings.

Thank you very much for the update Bob.

Jimmy.

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B08CE083-9B1F-4C70-911A-BC85F345DDE0@microsoft.com...
| Jimmy;
|
| I just wanted to update you. After working with MS directly and after trying
| everything we tried a second time I went back to extreme basics.
|
| The last major change other than updates was the upgrade to the Celron D
| 2.53 processor. Since everything else was checked that seemed like the only
| candidate left. I replaced it with a P4 3.2 Ghz 800 fsb and the error
| disappeared.
|
| I never had a processor problem manifest itself in that way. My experience
| has been it works or doesn't work.
|
| I am going to contact Intel and try to get the Celeron replaced. I still
| like Celerons despite this interesting problem.
|
| Thanks again for helping!
| --
| AHIL-Bob
|

| "Jimmy S." wrote:
|
| > Hi Bob,
| >
| > Try the 2 and 3 suggestions I posted for you, and if the issue is still
| > not resolved, ping one of the Microsoft employees in this newsgroup
| > to see if they would analyse a crash dump if you send it to them.
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
| > MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
| >
| > "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:959DE7EB-87FF-4890-969B-F12966D62B0C@microsoft.com...
| > | Jimmy,
| > |
| > | I used the event viewer and there was a KB article for the error but it
| > | didn't provide any additional insight into the problem or provide a solution.
| > |
| > | Is there any way to tell what is occupying the 0x00000000 address when I
| > | start the application and get the error?
| > |
| > | - Bob
| > | --
| > | AHIL-Bob

> [...]