Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 indexing service

Last response: in Windows 7
March 12, 2012 9:07:40 PM

Hello,

My outlook is not indexing. I can't find specific emails, all I can do is put them in alphabet order and go through each one.
Am trying to turn on both Windows Indexing and Windows Search. When I open programs/turn on features and tick Indexing service, it says "please wait whilst indexing service is turned on" and then it just sits there doing nothing. If I reboot the indexing service is as it was before I started, not ticked. Also trying to tick 'windows search' in the same on/off area. It's not even in the list of options which it is in the other 2 computers I have. Anyone got an idea of what the problem is? Can I somehow reinstal windows 7? Any fixes? thank you
a b $ Windows 7
March 12, 2012 10:47:25 PM

javard said:
Hello,

My outlook is not indexing. I can't find specific emails, all I can do is put them in alphabet order and go through each one.
Am trying to turn on both Windows Indexing and Windows Search. When I open programs/turn on features and tick Indexing service, it says "please wait whilst indexing service is turned on" and then it just sits there doing nothing. If I reboot the indexing service is as it was before I started, not ticked. Also trying to tick 'windows search' in the same on/off area. It's not even in the list of options which it is in the other 2 computers I have. Anyone got an idea of what the problem is? Can I somehow reinstal windows 7? Any fixes? thank you

How much free space do you have on HD ?
m
l
March 12, 2012 11:14:01 PM

I've had the exact same issue with outlook and it was not a space issue.

Windows 7/Vista: Click the Windows Start button and type “index” in the Search box. Indexing Options should appear under programs. Click Indexing Options to bring up the Indexing Options screen.
Click the Advanced button on the Indexing Option screen.

Click the Rebuild button.

Your current Search Indexes will be deleted and rebuilt.

If this does not work you can try creating a new outlook profile and adding your PSTs to the new profile.
m
l
Related resources
!