Age of Empires II

April 21, 2005 1:13:02 AM

Just got XP. Want to install my AofE2 (and Conquerors Expansion). As I am
designed for XP or my may damage operating system" or something to that
effect. OOps. Age of E 2 doesn't mention XP (probably because my disk was
made in 1999 when got my WIn98 model. Can I install and run Age of Empires 2
and Conqueror's expansion without harming operating system? I have lots of
speed and space. Have installed and running Mythology, so everthing works oK

Thanks any gamer

More about : age empires

Anonymous
April 21, 2005 6:28:28 PM

"oldgamer" <oldgamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just got XP. Want to install my AofE2 (and Conquerors Expansion). As I
> am
> designed for XP or my may damage operating system" or something to that
> effect. OOps. Age of E 2 doesn't mention XP (probably because my disk
> was
> made in 1999 when got my WIn98 model. Can I install and run Age of
> Empires 2
> and Conqueror's expansion without harming operating system? I have lots
> of
> speed and space. Have installed and running Mythology, so everthing
> works oK

Yes! Age of Empires 2 runs fine on XP and shouldn't cause any "damage", I
don't know what's causing that to pop up.

If you do get any problems running just post back.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

April 22, 2005 11:26:01 PM

AofE2 will not finish loading: At 83% [during sound.drs installation
portion] freezes and Disk error message: "Disk full [not likely; partition
has 38GB available] or sound card in use" ...What now?? It started loading
sound.drs at 75% so I don't know what happened. Help ?????

"Paul Smith" wrote:

> "oldgamer" <oldgamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Just got XP. Want to install my AofE2 (and Conquerors Expansion). As I
> > am
> > designed for XP or my may damage operating system" or something to that
> > effect. OOps. Age of E 2 doesn't mention XP (probably because my disk
> > was
> > made in 1999 when got my WIn98 model. Can I install and run Age of
> > Empires 2
> > and Conqueror's expansion without harming operating system? I have lots
> > of
> > speed and space. Have installed and running Mythology, so everthing
> > works oK
>
> Yes! Age of Empires 2 runs fine on XP and shouldn't cause any "damage", I
> don't know what's causing that to pop up.
>
> If you do get any problems running just post back.
>
> --
> Paul Smith,
> Yeovil, UK.
> http://www.dasmirnov.net/
> http://windows.dasmirnov.net/ Windows XP Resource Site.
>
> *Replace nospam with smirnov to reply by e-mail*

April 22, 2005 11:29:01 PM

ALso, I mixed my error messages: the "danger; don't load" was from my Kodak
USB picture card reader, not Age. Age gave me the sound card error, twice
now, so it is consistent.

"Paul Smith" wrote:

> "oldgamer" <oldgamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Just got XP. Want to install my AofE2 (and Conquerors Expansion). As I
> > am
> > designed for XP or my may damage operating system" or something to that
> > effect. OOps. Age of E 2 doesn't mention XP (probably because my disk
> > was
> > made in 1999 when got my WIn98 model. Can I install and run Age of
> > Empires 2
> > and Conqueror's expansion without harming operating system? I have lots
> > of
> > speed and space. Have installed and running Mythology, so everthing
> > works oK
>
> Yes! Age of Empires 2 runs fine on XP and shouldn't cause any "damage", I
> don't know what's causing that to pop up.
>
> If you do get any problems running just post back.
>
> --
> Paul Smith,
> Yeovil, UK.
> http://www.dasmirnov.net/
> http://windows.dasmirnov.net/ Windows XP Resource Site.
>
> *Replace nospam with smirnov to reply by e-mail*

Anonymous
May 8, 2005 3:22:01 PM

I too am having this same problem. I have tons of space left and get that
same error message about the sound.drs. Please help?? Do I need to go out and
buy a ew hard drive? I played this game before and never had any trouble??

"oldgamer" wrote:

> ALso, I mixed my error messages: the "danger; don't load" was from my Kodak
> USB picture card reader, not Age. Age gave me the sound card error, twice
> now, so it is consistent.
>
> "Paul Smith" wrote:
>
> > "oldgamer" <oldgamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Just got XP. Want to install my AofE2 (and Conquerors Expansion). As I
> > > am
> > > designed for XP or my may damage operating system" or something to that
> > > effect. OOps. Age of E 2 doesn't mention XP (probably because my disk
> > > was
> > > made in 1999 when got my WIn98 model. Can I install and run Age of
> > > Empires 2
> > > and Conqueror's expansion without harming operating system? I have lots
> > > of
> > > speed and space. Have installed and running Mythology, so everthing
> > > works oK
> >
> > Yes! Age of Empires 2 runs fine on XP and shouldn't cause any "damage", I
> > don't know what's causing that to pop up.
> >
> > If you do get any problems running just post back.
> >
> > --
> > Paul Smith,
> > Yeovil, UK.
> > http://www.dasmirnov.net/
> > http://windows.dasmirnov.net/ Windows XP Resource Site.
> >
> > *Replace nospam with smirnov to reply by e-mail*

Anonymous
May 8, 2005 7:40:44 PM

Hi Christine,

Are you installing Age of Empires II on Windows XP Home or Pro?

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Microsoft's Game Support Center: http://www.support.microsoft.com/games

"SweetChristine2494" <SweetChristine2494@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I too am having this same problem. I have tons of space left and get that
| same error message about the sound.drs. Please help?? Do I need to go out and
| buy a ew hard drive? I played this game before and never had any trouble??
|
| "oldgamer" wrote:
|
| > ALso, I mixed my error messages: the "danger; don't load" was from my Kodak
| > USB picture card reader, not Age. Age gave me the sound card error, twice
| > now, so it is consistent.
| >
| > "Paul Smith" wrote:
| >
| > > "oldgamer" <oldgamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > >
| > > Yes! Age of Empires 2 runs fine on XP and shouldn't cause any "damage", I
| > > don't know what's causing that to pop up.
| > >
| > > If you do get any problems running just post back.
| > >
| > > --
| > > Paul Smith,
| > > Yeovil, UK.
| > > http://www.dasmirnov.net/
| > > http://windows.dasmirnov.net/ Windows XP Resource Site.
| > >
| > > *Replace nospam with smirnov to reply by e-mail*

Anonymous
May 8, 2005 7:40:45 PM

I am using XP pro

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Christine,
>
> Are you installing Age of Empires II on Windows XP Home or Pro?
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

> Microsoft's Game Support Center: http://www.support.microsoft.com/games
> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
>
> "SweetChristine2494" <SweetChristine2494@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I too am having this same problem. I have tons of space left and get that
> | same error message about the sound.drs. Please help?? Do I need to go out and
> | buy a ew hard drive? I played this game before and never had any trouble??
> |
> | "oldgamer" wrote:
> |
> | > ALso, I mixed my error messages: the "danger; don't load" was from my Kodak
> | > USB picture card reader, not Age. Age gave me the sound card error, twice
> | > now, so it is consistent.

Anonymous
May 8, 2005 8:45:37 PM

Hi Christine,

The original poster never mentioned a sounds.drs error:
What is the error message you're seeing about sounds.drs?

--

|I am using XP pro
|
| "Jimmy S." wrote:
|
| > Hi Christine,
| >
| > Are you installing Age of Empires II on Windows XP Home or Pro?
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
| > Microsoft's Game Support Center: http://www.support.microsoft.com/games
| > MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
| >
| > "SweetChristine2494" <SweetChristine2494@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > |I too am having this same problem. I have tons of space left and get that
| > | same error message about the sound.drs. Please help?? Do I need to go out and
| > | buy a ew hard drive? I played this game before and never had any trouble??
| > |
| > | "oldgamer" wrote:
| > |

Anonymous
May 9, 2005 3:28:18 PM

Hi, when I
install the game it gets to about 70% installed then I get an message
that says that either my drive is full(which it is not) or there is a
problem on my disc, I am assuming they mean hard drive disc. Says
error in sounds.drs
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 3:28:19 PM

I finally got the solution (not the cause): UK nibble gave final answer:
Copy the game cd to your hard drive - I used my computer to drag a copy to a
folder a created for the purpose (we both have lots of room) then INSTALL
FROM THE COPY on hard drive. That worked fine and I now can play. Of
course, delete the copy after installation. whatever the reason, it worked.
Maybe the new cd/dvd/rw drives are too slow or fast. Anyway, neither the
computer nor the program seems to care that you are loading from copy on hard
drive.

"SweetChristine2494" wrote:

> Hi, when I
> install the game it gets to about 70% installed then I get an message
> that says that either my drive is full(which it is not) or there is a
> problem on my disc, I am assuming they mean hard drive disc. Says
> error in sounds.drs

June 3, 2005 4:25:45 PM

U¿ytkownik "oldgamer" <oldgamer@discussions.microsoft.com> napisa³ w
wiadomo¶ci news:EBECE1CB-E60D-4749-845B-60D98FBAB705@microsoft.com...