Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New gaming build, for $1090 [60,000 indian rupees]

Last response: in Systems
Share
February 14, 2013 9:53:06 AM

Hey, my friend needs a new gaming build, for around Rs. 60,000 [$1090]. I've chalked out a rough skeleton of the build below, but i'd like to know if it could be improved, especially in the graphics card department.
Prices for components can be checked at flipkart.com (in Indian Rupees), but we'll mostly be buying from local dealers for slightly cheaper :) 

Intel i5 3570 (non K) - 14,500 [$ 265]

Transcend JetRam DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (JM1600KLN-4G) x2 = 3500 [$ 63]

Graphics card (HD 7850 or Geforce 660)- 18,000 [$ 330]

2TB WD HDD, Caviar Green - 6,500 [$ 120]

Intel DH77EB Motherboard - 7,000 [$ 128]

Monitor Samsung 21.5 inch LED - S22B370H 1920*1080 => 9,500 [$175]

Keyboard + mouse => 1,000 [$ 18.5]
Case any => 1,000 [$ 18.5]
PSU (700W or higher) 1,000 [$18.5]
UPS with Stabilizer - 2,000 [$37.0]

Thanks :) 
February 14, 2013 10:11:45 AM

Mate I too have this build
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($149.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3V Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.48 @ Amazon)
Storage: Hitachi 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ Outlet PC)
Storage: OCZ Agility 3 60GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($496.48 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Lian-Li PC-A05FNB ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS72 DVD/CD Writer ($18.98 @ Outlet PC)
Monitor: Acer B233HL Jbmdh 60Hz 23.0" Monitor ($166.89 @ Amazon)
Total: $1196.76
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-14 07:11 EST-0500)

I bought it from smcinternational.in for about 59000 and buy it from local as much as possible.Skip the 2TB HDD as you are never going to use it that much.Flipkart is too overprices!If in Delhi get it from cost to cost!
February 14, 2013 10:20:34 AM

$hawn said:
Hey, my friend needs a new gaming build, for around Rs. 60,000 [$1090]. I've chalked out a rough skeleton of the build below, but i'd like to know if it could be improved, especially in the graphics card department.
Prices for components can be checked at flipkart.com (in Indian Rupees), but we'll mostly be buying from local dealers for slightly cheaper :) 

Intel i5 3570 (non K) - 14,500 [$ 265]

Transcend JetRam DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (JM1600KLN-4G) x2 = 3500 [$ 63]

Graphics card (HD 7850 or Geforce 660)- 18,000 [$ 330]

2TB WD HDD, Caviar Green - 6,500 [$ 120]

Intel DH77EB Motherboard - 7,000 [$ 128]

Monitor Samsung 21.5 inch LED - S22B370H 1920*1080 => 9,500 [$175]

Keyboard + mouse => 1,000 [$ 18.5]
Case any => 1,000 [$ 18.5]
PSU (700W or higher) 1,000 [$18.5]
UPS with Stabilizer - 2,000 [$37.0]

Thanks :) 


Wow those prices are bad. Do not get a "Green" HDD as the only drive in the computer. They are painfully slow. You are much better off with a 1TB Blue or Black HDD. Green is power saving and slow speeds.
Related resources
February 14, 2013 1:42:25 PM

Yea I know that the green drives aren't performance drives, but I think we can live with it.....the plan is to short stroke the first partition to <60 GB to squeeze as much HDD performance as possible. Other than that, a 64GB SSD + 1TB Greeny maybe ion the cards, if we can manage to trim the current build cost by atleast 7000 rupees [$130].

Are there any cheap Intel/Asus/Gigabyte motherboards that support the IB i5 chips for less that 5000 rupees [$ 90], but having 4 RAM slots, and USB 3.0 support?
a c 247 4 Gaming
February 14, 2013 3:52:12 PM

$hawn said:
Yea I know that the green drives aren't performance drives, but I think we can live with it.....the plan is to short stroke the first partition to <60 GB to squeeze as much HDD performance as possible. Other than that, a 64GB SSD + 1TB Greeny maybe ion the cards, if we can manage to trim the current build cost by atleast 7000 rupees [$130].

Are there any cheap Intel/Asus/Gigabyte motherboards that support the IB i5 chips for less that 5000 rupees [$ 90], but having 4 RAM slots, and USB 3.0 support?


I don't think I would use Flipkart - there's another India store that I found called the IT Depot that has a much better selection of hardware.

So with that try this:

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - ₹ 4295
PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX600 - ₹ 4290
Motherboard: Asrock H77 Pro 4 / MVP - ₹ 6515
CPU: 3.2GHz Intel Core i5-3470 - ₹ 12180
RAM: 8GB 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X DDR3 1600MHz 1.5V - ₹ 3745
Optical: Lite On DVD Burner - ₹ 1030
HD: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black - ₹ 7365
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition - ₹ 18540

Total: ₹ 58590 (USD $1,084.94)
February 15, 2013 2:11:20 AM

g-unit1111 said:
I don't think I would use Flipkart - there's another India store that I found called the IT Depot that has a much better selection of hardware.

So with that try this:

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - ₹ 4295
PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX600 - ₹ 4290
Motherboard: Asrock H77 Pro 4 / MVP - ₹ 6515
CPU: 3.2GHz Intel Core i5-3470 - ₹ 12180
RAM: 8GB 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X DDR3 1600MHz 1.5V - ₹ 3745
Optical: Lite On DVD Burner - ₹ 1030
HD: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black - ₹ 7365
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition - ₹ 18540

Total: ₹ 58590 (USD $1,084.94)


Hey, thanks for your suggestions. :)  I only mentioned Flipkart so that people here can get an idea of the prioces in the Indian market while giving sugestions. Like I said, we'll be buying stuff from local dealers for slightly less :) 
The HD 7870 certainly looks like a good choice :)  However, I'm a little skeptical about that ASRock mobo quality and warranty support in India, and I think i'll stick with the intel one, coz the price difference is not that much. We also don't require an optical drive.

a c 247 4 Gaming
February 15, 2013 3:09:17 AM

$hawn said:
Hey, thanks for your suggestions. :)  I only mentioned Flipkart so that people here can get an idea of the prioces in the Indian market while giving sugestions. Like I said, we'll be buying stuff from local dealers for slightly less :) 
The HD 7870 certainly looks like a good choice :)  However, I'm a little skeptical about that ASRock mobo quality and warranty support in India, and I think i'll stick with the intel one, coz the price difference is not that much. We also don't require an optical drive.


Just so you know at the end of the year, Intel will no longer manufacture motherboards. That Asrock one should be fine. Maybe go with the Asus P8H77-V LE if you're not sure.

The one thing about Intel motherboards is that the BIOS hasn't changed in well over a decade and even the software they include is way outdated. It's better to go with Asus, Asrock or Gigabyte.
February 15, 2013 9:57:02 AM

ASUS, ASRock, and Gigabyte for a motherboard. Those Intel ones are not very good and g-unit brought up valid points in them not updating very frequently.

ASRock has great build quality for their price-point (which is slightly lower than the competition), their customer service is good too. IDK about India but here in the States they are easy to work with.
February 15, 2013 10:41:23 AM

Thanks for the input, we'll check out some asus/gigabyte boards tomorrow....However, I have an Intel DG33FB board myself, and they updated both the BIOS and drivers quite frequently till it got stable:) 

Btw, how are asus/gigabyte graphic cards? Or should we just stick with XFX/Saphhire?
February 15, 2013 11:19:17 AM

I prefer Sapphire for AMD and EVGA for nvidia. However I've had good experiences with almost every GPU board partners, so go for the best price/perfirnance ratio. (which will likely be Sapphire)
February 15, 2013 3:36:37 PM

stickg1 said:
I prefer Sapphire for AMD and EVGA for nvidia. However I've had good experiences with almost every GPU board partners, so go for the best price/perfirnance ratio. (which will likely be Sapphire)


Hey thanks for your input. I don't think EVGA sells in India, or maybe they have a very weak presence here in Bangalore.

I'm mainly worried about after sales services, as here in India, they are mostly pathetic. I'd be comfortable only with XFX/Sapphire/Asus, as they are one of the few brands that actually honor their warranty. :) 

Edit:- Okay it seems that Sapphire has only 2 years of real warranty, and the extra one year is only for labour. Crap....now the choice narrows down to XFX/Asus....3 yrs full warranty....but through Rashi peripherals....bad for health :(  :( 
a c 247 4 Gaming
February 15, 2013 4:50:48 PM

$hawn said:
Thanks for the input, we'll check out some asus/gigabyte boards tomorrow....However, I have an Intel DG33FB board myself, and they updated both the BIOS and drivers quite frequently till it got stable:) 

Btw, how are asus/gigabyte graphic cards? Or should we just stick with XFX/Saphhire?


Gigabyte has one of the best cooling solutions on the market in the Windforce 3X series. But that can get really costly. Sapphire's Vapor X is another great cooling solution as well.

Quote:
I'm mainly worried about after sales services, as here in India, they are mostly pathetic. I'd be comfortable only with XFX/Sapphire/Asus, as they are one of the few brands that actually honor their warranty.


Yeah I guess that varies from country to country. The companies with lots of resources at their disposal (Asus is one) tend to have better luck with getting warranties honored than those that don't.
!