Why Can't I burn on CD-RW Discs

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
I looked on my device manager, and my CD drive says i have a LG CD-RW CED-8080B.. checked it out on the net.. it's a 8x4x24 drive, it has the REWRITEABLE LOGO...but can't write on RW discs... i used MusicMatch 6.0,7.0 Nero Burner, EZ CD creator... when i try buring with the RW disc, it starts up like it's gonna burn then just stops and comes up with error....then i got an error on Nero saying i can't burn this format... Why does it say Rewriteable on the Drive when it's really a CD-R drive...ANY help please

Thanks/Rob

AMD USER!!!

10GHZ

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
try full formatting your cdrw disc in nero burning rom
this optionis under -Recorder-,-Erase Rewritable-. probably take 15-20 mins doing a full format for your burner, then it should work and y not try "Incd" ,it works better with CDRW discs.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Crap, I did it...but for some reason didn't take even 5 Minutes.. i did the FULL Erase..at 4x...i draged over two MP3's and started to burn....Came up with error about 10 seconds into the process...says this "The Recorder does not support this type of Media" I guess this is only a CD-R... Im im the process of building my new PC so it's not a big deal..but for yrs i've wondered what the hell was wrong..... I am thinking of getting the Latest TDK VELO CD-RW... is this a Good Choice...and will this burn onto RW Discs..LOL

Thanks for all your Help/Rob

AMD USER!!!

10GHZ

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
it would be even more of a pain in the ass if u use a cdrw disc as a cdr disc, since ur burner burns slow with a cdrw disc compare to a cdr disc
go to Nero's official site and download INCD
http://www.nero.com/en/incdinfo.htm

basically, after u've formatted ur cdrw disc with INCD, u can use the disc like a large floppy ,just drag and drop ur file in to ur burner like u would with a floppy. however, u can only access the disc with ur burner once u've formatted the disc with incd. it is however possible to finalize ur cdrw disc so that it is readable on all other cdrom...dvd... etc..
enough talk just go check it out ur self
http://www.nero.com/en/incdinfo.htm

10GHZ

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
go 2 -recorder- then -medium info- it shoudl tell u wat type of disc u have in ur burner, try use another cdrw disc and try again, if all fails then download incd
if u seriously think of buying a new burner
check here 1st
http://www6.tomshardware.com/storage/01q3/010823/

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
I just bought a new Yamaha 24x10x40. It is very good. Fast and quiet.
It will rip a mp3 very quickly. No coasters yet. :smile:

<font color=red>Remember...</font color=red><font color=blue>You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink:

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
I've been hearing plenty about the Yamaha Burners, all sounding very good.. But i want to check out all this Fuss PCworld is making about the TDK Velo CD-RW.. it's supposed to be good as well...I'll see..... Which yamaha is the best on the market as of now?

later/Rob

AMD USER!!!