Crashing caused by security audits? Sim City 4, 1942, Trai..

stuart

Hi,
Has anybody else had their games simply hang on them or close immeadiately -
and they suspect it ties in with windows security audits? My machine (as seen
in security event viewer) seems to check the status of the user, roughly
every 5 or 10 minutes. This is usually when a game will crash to within a few
seconds! All my software and drivers are up to date. I turn off Mcafee and
disconnect the phone line as a precaution, still does it though? I'm on OEM
so i can't ask Microsoft for help. Any Ideas any body!!!!!

Hi Stuart,

Are you using an Administrators account?

In fact, try creating a new account with Administrators
priviledges, log in with it, and test the game.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms