Kallapiran

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Hi There,

This is my problem, The computer that i am using which is on the LAN Setup. Also it is connected to the domain. Whenever i tried to log on to the computer it is giving me an error message that "The System could not log on the "Domain Name" either the connection is disconnected or the domain is no longer available" somting like that. When i remove the LAN Cable and if i enter the domain password, i can login to the computer. after i log on the computer if i connect the LAN Cable it is working fine. I can access the other computer which is connected to the same domain. Why the error message is poping up? what is the sloution for this? Please some on help me to get rid of this problem.

Thanks in advance for helping me.....

Remove PC from the domain, re-add it. You're not actually logging on using a "local" profile, but a cached profile of your domain user account. A local profile would be if you selected to logon using the "this computer" name.

jlandi

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012

I would agree; however, if this is only happening to you and not other people on the comp I would backup your local docs and try a delete/recreate of your profile. There could be some bad data cached in your local profile that isn't allowing it to sync properly to the domain.

Windows is notorious for this.