DirectPlay 0x80004005/Dpvsetup.exe w/Teamspeak

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

I am trying to get microphone input to work with Teamspeak RC2. When I
go to Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices Properties, test hardware,
I receive two error messages; "An error occurred during DirectPlay Voice
Setup. The error code is 0x80004005," then "Windows cannot execute
DpvSetup.exe, use Add/Remove Programs control panel to install." I
searched and found dpvsetup.exe in C:\Windows\system32, 82KB, 8/4/2004
8:00 AM, but attempting to run it had no detectable effect. I searched
the MS KB, and found
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282882 for the
latter error message, but my Hardware Acceleration is already all the
way to the right. My sound chip is a "Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R)
Audio Controller." Thank you for anyone who can help!

"M.H." <mst_nocrowspam5429@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to get microphone input to work with Teamspeak RC2. When I go
>to Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices Properties, test hardware, I
>receive two error messages; "An error occurred during DirectPlay Voice
>Setup. The error code is 0x80004005," then "Windows cannot execute
>DpvSetup.exe, use Add/Remove Programs control panel to install." I
>searched and found dpvsetup.exe in C:\Windows\system32, 82KB, 8/4/2004 8:00
>AM, but attempting to run it had no detectable effect. I searched the MS
>KB, and found
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282882 for the
>latter error message, but my Hardware Acceleration is already all the way
>to the right. My sound chip is a "Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio
>Controller." Thank you for anyone who can help!

Have you tried updating your audio drivers?

You should be able to find them at
http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2 (click Windows XP, then on
Audio - at this point you may need to know what motherboard is in your
machine, so you can find out what chipset is on board - so you'll know what
drivers you'll need to download).

Alternatively the drivers may be available on your motherboard manufacturers
website, or the company who actually built the machine, ie Dell.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

Paul Smith wrote:
> "M.H." <mst_nocrowspam5429@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>I am trying to get microphone input to work with Teamspeak RC2. When I go
>>to Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices Properties, test hardware, I
>>receive two error messages; "An error occurred during DirectPlay Voice
>>Setup. The error code is 0x80004005," then "Windows cannot execute
>>DpvSetup.exe, use Add/Remove Programs control panel to install." I
>>searched and found dpvsetup.exe in C:\Windows\system32, 82KB, 8/4/2004 8:00
>>AM, but attempting to run it had no detectable effect. I searched the MS
>>KB, and found
>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282882 for the
>>latter error message, but my Hardware Acceleration is already all the way
>>to the right. My sound chip is a "Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio
>>Controller." Thank you for anyone who can help!
>

> Have you tried updating your audio drivers?
>
> You should be able to find them at
> http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2 (click Windows XP, then on
> Audio - at this point you may need to know what motherboard is in your
> machine, so you can find out what chipset is on board - so you'll know what
> drivers you'll need to download).
>
> Alternatively the drivers may be available on your motherboard manufacturers
> website, or the company who actually built the machine, ie Dell.

Yes, they are the newest driver version, and I re-installed them too.