First time building desktop, here's what I got

vincenntxue

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
Basically had a bunch of friends who've been doing this for years, help me put this together. They were a little in argument over which motherboard to choose, tower, etc. But I decided to spend a little more on some stuff, just because I might as well.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DgbM
What I got to come up with.

Now there is a version of this build I could make for $930, but it would be with a much lesser tower, and diff motherboard.
However, like I said decided to spend that little extra considering I went out to get that nice graphics, etc.

My question to you guys though, what do you think of the build? Pretty good overall?

smokeybravo

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Nice build, however the cooler may only fit with an A2-B2 memory configuration. You might try this memory instead for better compatibility with you cooler. Also note that the 212 Evo will slide a little bit vertically when installed.

ehyde1029

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
I just finished my first build with similar specs and am loving it.

AMD FX-8350

Gigabyte TA990FXE

8gb Corsair Vengance 1600mhz

Gigabyte 7950 Windforce 3 (Started with a 7870 Myst but RMA'd for better)

Corsair TX650 Bronze Certified

NZXT Guardian

Not sure how experianced you are but these are a few things I didn't think about being a first time build. The case was one of the biggest things I would change. I tried to find a cool looking case that was really cheap and if I could go back I would have spent another $30-$50 and got a good case with proper airflow and good cable management. The next was the cooler, I ended up getting a corsair H55 liquid cooler because air coolers can be so freaking loud under load. Also it may sound like common sense but make sure everything will fit. I had to mod my case to get my GPU to fit. Expect some parts to be DOA or malfunction a few days in so save your boxes, everything in the boxes and recipts for RMA. Last is an OS, Also common sense but I didn't leave room in my budget for an OS. Sorry about the long post but I hopefully I can help from my mistakes. Good luck and enjoy the PC!

ehyde1029

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
I just finished my first build with similar specs and am loving it.

AMD FX-8350

Gigabyte TA990FXE

8gb Corsair Vengance 1600mhz

Gigabyte 7950 Windforce 3 (Started with a 7870 Myst but RMA'd for better)

Corsair TX650 Bronze Certified

NZXT Guardian

Not sure how experianced you are but these are a few things I didn't think about being a first time build. The case was one of the biggest things I would change. I tried to find a cool looking case that was really cheap and if I could go back I would have spent another $30-$50 and got a good case with proper airflow and good cable management. The next was the cooler, I ended up getting a corsair H55 liquid cooler because air coolers can be so freaking loud under load. Also it may sound like common sense but make sure everything will fit. I had to mod my case to get my GPU to fit. Expect some parts to be DOA or malfunction a few days in so save your boxes, everything in the boxes and recipts for RMA. Last is an OS, Also common sense but I didn't leave room in my budget for an OS. Sorry about the long post but I hopefully I can help from my mistakes. Good luck and enjoy the PC!

dancaldwell230

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
all looks great! should be a screamer, I always add some nice lighting for the case too makes it that much nicer when the lights are low, I make my own stickers out of plexiglass. painted on one side for extra coolness, I like case mods, when you have a max system like yours will be those little extras are great, take your time with cable management, also an external drive is nice for backups and storage.....