Customize your appearance in BF2

How do you customize your appearance in BF2? The manual says you can,
however it does not tell you how. I remember you could do it in BF:V.

WooHoo2You
8 answers Last reply
More about customize appearance

    "WooHoo2You" <no@email.com> wrote in message
    > How do you customize your appearance in BF2? The manual says you can,
    > however it does not tell you how. I remember you could do it in BF:V.

    The manual only says you can *see* what the various kit uniforms look like
    by going to the BFHQ tab.

    In article <BE9He.7961$6f.7610@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    no@email.com says...
    > How do you customize your appearance in BF2? The manual says you can,
    > however it does not tell you how. I remember you could do it in BF:V.
    >
    > WooHoo2You

    Where in the manual does it say that? AFAIK you can't do that in BF2.
    --
    Lansenerd
    www.agbgaming.com

    Lansenerd wrote:
    > In article <BE9He.7961$6f.7610@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    > no@email.com says...
    >
    >>How do you customize your appearance in BF2? The manual says you can,
    >>however it does not tell you how. I remember you could do it in BF:V.
    >>
    >>WooHoo2You
    >>

    > Where in the manual does it say that? AFAIK you can't do that in BF2.
    it is mentioned on the ea website I think this is either in a
    forthcoming patch or expansion it was not clear....they also said more
    layers of unlocks for each kit.....
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 20:01:23 -0500, "Mr. Nemo"
    <OldChieftain@hotmail.SPAM.com> wrote:

    >Lansenerd wrote:
    >> In article <BE9He.7961$6f.7610@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    >> no@email.com says...
    >>
    >>>How do you customize your appearance in BF2? The manual says you can,
    >>>however it does not tell you how. I remember you could do it in BF:V.
    >>>
    >>>WooHoo2You
    >>>

    >> Where in the manual does it say that? AFAIK you can't do that in BF2.
    >it is mentioned on the ea website I think this is either in a
    >forthcoming patch or expansion it was not clear....they also said more
    >layers of unlocks for each kit.....

    I wanna unlock, the english troop voice whichever army I play ...
    currently the option is grayed out in options screen.

    I dont want to have to see the text ... I wanna hear the commands and
    requests in english regardless of 'my' army.

    \5olidus
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Lansenerd" <lansenerd@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    > In article <BE9He.7961$6f.7610@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    > no@email.com says...
    >> How do you customize your appearance in BF2? The manual says you can,
    >> however it does not tell you how. I remember you could do it in BF:V.
    >>
    >> WooHoo2You
    >>
    > Where in the manual does it say that? AFAIK you can't do that in BF2.
    > --
    > Lansenerd
    > www.agbgaming.com

    Page five under "setting up the game."

    WooHoo2You
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 22:18:34 -0400, Colonel Flagg
    <colonel_flagg@NOSOUPFORJ00-internetwarzone.org> wrote:

    >On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 02:08:13 +0100, Solidus <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 20:01:23 -0500, "Mr. Nemo"
    >><OldChieftain@hotmail.SPAM.com> wrote:

    >>>it is mentioned on the ea website I think this is either in a
    >>>forthcoming patch or expansion it was not clear....they also said more
    >>>layers of unlocks for each kit.....
    >>

    >>I wanna unlock, the english troop voice whichever army I play ...
    >>currently the option is grayed out in options screen.
    >>
    >>I dont want to have to see the text ... I wanna hear the commands and
    >>requests in english regardless of 'my' army.
    >>

    >>\5olidus
    >

    >you can change it, but not while you're playing a game. you need to be
    >out to the menu, without being in a game, then change it. mine is in
    >english and has been since day one.
    >

    >/CF

    Bugger... I thought it was a bit strange having that option there but
    not being able to select it, it never occured to me to do it
    out-of-game

    thx

    \5olidus
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <g6iHe.12073$oZ.9724@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    no@email.com says...
    > "Lansenerd" <lansenerd@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    > > In article <BE9He.7961$6f.7610@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    > > no@email.com says...
    > >> How do you customize your appearance in BF2? The manual says you can,
    > >> however it does not tell you how. I remember you could do it in BF:V.
    > >>
    > >> WooHoo2You
    > >>
    > > Where in the manual does it say that? AFAIK you can't do that in BF2.
    > > --
    > > Lansenerd
    > > www.agbgaming.com
    >

    > Page five under "setting up the game."

    Yes, there it is. Like others said you can't really change looks without
    changing kit/team, at least not now. Maybe in a future patch.
    --
    Lansenerd
    www.agbgaming.com

    > "Lansenerd" <lansenerd@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    >> In article <BE9He.7961$6f.7610@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    >> no@email.com says...
    >>> How do you customize your appearance in BF2? The manual says you can,
    >>> however it does not tell you how. I remember you could do it in BF:V.
    >>>
    >>> WooHoo2You
    >>>
    >> Where in the manual does it say that? AFAIK you can't do that in BF2.
    >> --
    >> Lansenerd
    >> www.agbgaming.com
    >

    > Page five under "setting up the game."
    >
    > WooHoo2You

    I think its a bit of marketing spin.They imply you can change your uniform
    but it's really only by changing armies and by changing type of soldier.
    Same goes for saying "how the game appears on your screen" Its just changing
    your display settings, what you see is the same, just the level of detail is
    different.

Games Customization Video Games