Customize your appearance in BF2

Last response: in Video Games
July 31, 2005 11:29:37 PM

How do you customize your appearance in BF2? The manual says you can,
however it does not tell you how. I remember you could do it in BF:V.

WooHoo2You
July 31, 2005 11:29:38 PM

"WooHoo2You" <no@email.com> wrote in message
> How do you customize your appearance in BF2? The manual says you can,
> however it does not tell you how. I remember you could do it in BF:V.

The manual only says you can *see* what the various kit uniforms look like
by going to the BFHQ tab.
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 1:56:54 AM

In article <BE9He.7961$6f.7610@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
no@email.com says...
> How do you customize your appearance in BF2? The manual says you can,
> however it does not tell you how. I remember you could do it in BF:V.
>
> WooHoo2You

Where in the manual does it say that? AFAIK you can't do that in BF2.
--
Lansenerd
www.agbgaming.com

Lansenerd wrote:
> In article <BE9He.7961$6f.7610@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> no@email.com says...
>
>>How do you customize your appearance in BF2? The manual says you can,
>>however it does not tell you how. I remember you could do it in BF:V.
>>
>>WooHoo2You
>>

> Where in the manual does it say that? AFAIK you can't do that in BF2.
it is mentioned on the ea website I think this is either in a
forthcoming patch or expansion it was not clear....they also said more
layers of unlocks for each kit.....
August 1, 2005 6:08:13 AM

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 20:01:23 -0500, "Mr. Nemo"
<OldChieftain@hotmail.SPAM.com> wrote:

>Lansenerd wrote:
>> In article <BE9He.7961$6f.7610@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
>> no@email.com says...
>>
>>>How do you customize your appearance in BF2? The manual says you can,
>>>however it does not tell you how. I remember you could do it in BF:V.
>>>
>>>WooHoo2You
>>>

>> Where in the manual does it say that? AFAIK you can't do that in BF2.
>it is mentioned on the ea website I think this is either in a
>forthcoming patch or expansion it was not clear....they also said more
>layers of unlocks for each kit.....

I wanna unlock, the english troop voice whichever army I play ...
currently the option is grayed out in options screen.

I dont want to have to see the text ... I wanna hear the commands and
requests in english regardless of 'my' army.

\5olidus
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 9:07:24 AM

"Lansenerd" <lansenerd@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <BE9He.7961$6f.7610@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> no@email.com says...
>> How do you customize your appearance in BF2? The manual says you can,
>> however it does not tell you how. I remember you could do it in BF:V.
>>
>> WooHoo2You
>>
> Where in the manual does it say that? AFAIK you can't do that in BF2.
> --
> Lansenerd
> www.agbgaming.com

Page five under "setting up the game."

WooHoo2You
August 1, 2005 2:32:56 PM

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 22:18:34 -0400, Colonel Flagg
<colonel_flagg@NOSOUPFORJ00-internetwarzone.org> wrote:

>On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 02:08:13 +0100, Solidus <> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 20:01:23 -0500, "Mr. Nemo"
>><OldChieftain@hotmail.SPAM.com> wrote:

>>>it is mentioned on the ea website I think this is either in a
>>>forthcoming patch or expansion it was not clear....they also said more
>>>layers of unlocks for each kit.....
>>

>>I wanna unlock, the english troop voice whichever army I play ...
>>currently the option is grayed out in options screen.
>>
>>I dont want to have to see the text ... I wanna hear the commands and
>>requests in english regardless of 'my' army.
>>

>>\5olidus
>

>you can change it, but not while you're playing a game. you need to be
>out to the menu, without being in a game, then change it. mine is in
>english and has been since day one.
>

>/CF

Bugger... I thought it was a bit strange having that option there but
not being able to select it, it never occured to me to do it
out-of-game

thx

\5olidus
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 6:41:19 PM

In article <g6iHe.12073$oZ.9724@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
no@email.com says...
> "Lansenerd" <lansenerd@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> > In article <BE9He.7961$6f.7610@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> > no@email.com says...
> >> How do you customize your appearance in BF2? The manual says you can,
> >> however it does not tell you how. I remember you could do it in BF:V.
> >>
> >> WooHoo2You
> >>
> > Where in the manual does it say that? AFAIK you can't do that in BF2.
> > --
> > Lansenerd
> > www.agbgaming.com
>

> Page five under "setting up the game."

Yes, there it is. Like others said you can't really change looks without
changing kit/team, at least not now. Maybe in a future patch.
--
Lansenerd
www.agbgaming.com

> "Lansenerd" <lansenerd@coldmail.com> wrote in message
>> In article <BE9He.7961$6f.7610@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
>> no@email.com says...
>>> How do you customize your appearance in BF2? The manual says you can,
>>> however it does not tell you how. I remember you could do it in BF:V.
>>>
>>> WooHoo2You
>>>
>> Where in the manual does it say that? AFAIK you can't do that in BF2.
>> --
>> Lansenerd
>> www.agbgaming.com
>

> Page five under "setting up the game."
>
> WooHoo2You

I think its a bit of marketing spin.They imply you can change your uniform
but it's really only by changing armies and by changing type of soldier.
Same goes for saying "how the game appears on your screen" Its just changing
your display settings, what you see is the same, just the level of detail is
different.
!