Your question

My computer screen randomly goes blank

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b α HP
a b $ Windows 7
January 30, 2010 12:57:24 PM

Hello
everytime im on my computer after about every 15 minutes my screen just goes blank randomly and i have 2 restart it
,why is this
I have a new hp computer for about a week now and it does this everyday but today its more often,its REALLy annoying can someone please help me solve this??...! thanku
January 31, 2010 12:00:14 AM

Could be a lot of things. Start with the easy stuff, make sure your cables are firmly connected. If it's brand new and store bought, consider taking it back.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 31, 2010 2:03:38 AM

call the HP tech service and see if they can help you, what you are having happen with a new computer is not acceptable
m
l
Related resources
a c 215 $ Windows 7
January 31, 2010 5:36:05 AM

If you have a discrete video card in that machine, you may have a fan (and therefore heat) problem. Either contact HP tech support to see about repairs, or if you bought it from a retail shop... take it back for a replacement.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 31, 2010 2:37:26 PM

If it happens during use, get a replacement as it should be under warranty. If it does it at idle it sounds like a sleep mode issue, just dont let it sleep anymore. You can change sleep setting from the screen saver option window.

A week old you should be able to exchange/ refund at the store you bought it from
m
l
!