build your own pc part one

G

I was very interested in the build your own pc Tom's guide part one from last year but it appears to be dead in the water and listing to port.

I was wondering if anyone has an updated list of components or failing that what the forum thinks of custom pc's built by a company called ibuypower.com.

Thank you,

Rich W.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Too expensive, like all pre-built computers.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

G

On Ibuypower.com, price aside I was wondering about their reputation and service. Are they stand-up? If not can you recommend a reputable company?

Thanx,

Rich W.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Check <A HREF="http://www.resellerratings.com" target="_new">ResellerRatings</A> for a company's reputation.

I cannot recommend any online computer retailers, as I always build myself, instead of buying a prebuilt computer.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

marneus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Some of the UK online cos. have a good rep and get regular awards for price/performance, but then this info isnt much good to anybody outside of the uk...

---If at first you dont succeed... get a bigger hammer... that'll teach it !!!---