not suitable for ms-dos and ms win applications

April 22, 2005 6:48:01 PM

When i try to install the caesarIII game, this error window pops up. the top
bar says "16 bit Windows Subsystem":

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
application.

and when i try to click 'Ignore' instead of close, nothing happens and it
just closes anyway.

PLEASE HELP ME
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 4:21:29 AM

"caesar" <caesar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 745C9E8-0C06-468F-9ACE-F44B7A969299@microsoft.com...
> When i try to install the caesarIII game, this error window pops up. the
> top
> bar says "16 bit Windows Subsystem":
>
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
> running
> MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate
> the
> application.
>
> and when i try to click 'Ignore' instead of close, nothing happens and it
> just closes anyway.

Hello.

You can repair this by copying autoexec.nt from c:\windows\repair to
c:\windows\system32. If you're not 100% sure how there's also a video on
how to do this at http://windows.dasmirnov.net/videos/

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

April 23, 2005 4:21:30 AM

thank you so much... you are the savior of the day

cheers

"Paul Smith" wrote:

> "caesar" <caesar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D 745C9E8-0C06-468F-9ACE-F44B7A969299@microsoft.com...
> > When i try to install the caesarIII game, this error window pops up. the
> > top
> > bar says "16 bit Windows Subsystem":
> >
> > C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
> > running
> > MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate
> > the
> > application.
> >
> > and when i try to click 'Ignore' instead of close, nothing happens and it
> > just closes anyway.
>
> Hello.
>
> You can repair this by copying autoexec.nt from c:\windows\repair to
> c:\windows\system32. If you're not 100% sure how there's also a video on
> how to do this at http://windows.dasmirnov.net/videos/
>
> --
> Paul Smith,
> Yeovil, UK.
> http://www.dasmirnov.net/
> http://windows.dasmirnov.net/ Windows XP Resource Site.
>
> *Replace nospam with smirnov to reply by e-mail*

April 23, 2005 8:10:10 PM

Hi

I tried to do what you had said but when i go on the repair folder there is
nothing in it to move to system 32 please help

Angus Howard
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 9:21:00 PM

"Angus Howard via WindowsKB.com" <forum@WindowsKB.com> wrote in message

> I tried to do what you had said but when i go on the repair folder there
> is
> nothing in it to move to system 32 please help

Hello you can download one from
http://windows.dasmirnov.net/downloads/AUTOEXEC.NT right-click and save into
the window\system32 folder.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

April 24, 2005 1:53:02 PM

Thank you so much,,you solved all my problems with other programs and games..
God Bless

!