not suitable for ms-dos and ms win applications

When i try to install the caesarIII game, this error window pops up. the top
bar says "16 bit Windows Subsystem":

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
application.

and when i try to click 'Ignore' instead of close, nothing happens and it
just closes anyway.

PLEASE HELP ME
5 answers Last reply
More about suitable applications

    "caesar" <caesar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When i try to install the caesarIII game, this error window pops up. the
    > top
    > bar says "16 bit Windows Subsystem":
    >
    > C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
    > running
    > MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate
    > the
    > application.
    >
    > and when i try to click 'Ignore' instead of close, nothing happens and it
    > just closes anyway.

    Hello.

    You can repair this by copying autoexec.nt from c:\windows\repair to
    c:\windows\system32. If you're not 100% sure how there's also a video on
    how to do this at http://windows.dasmirnov.net/videos/

    --
    Paul Smith,
    Yeovil, UK.

    thank you so much... you are the savior of the day

    cheers

    "Paul Smith" wrote:

    > "caesar" <caesar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > When i try to install the caesarIII game, this error window pops up. the
    > > top
    > > bar says "16 bit Windows Subsystem":
    > >
    > > C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
    > > running
    > > MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate
    > > the
    > > application.
    > >
    > > and when i try to click 'Ignore' instead of close, nothing happens and it
    > > just closes anyway.
    >
    > Hello.
    >
    > You can repair this by copying autoexec.nt from c:\windows\repair to
    > c:\windows\system32. If you're not 100% sure how there's also a video on
    > how to do this at http://windows.dasmirnov.net/videos/
    >
    > --
    > Paul Smith,
    > Yeovil, UK.
    > http://www.dasmirnov.net/
    > http://windows.dasmirnov.net/ Windows XP Resource Site.
    >
    > *Replace nospam with smirnov to reply by e-mail*

    Hi

    I tried to do what you had said but when i go on the repair folder there is
    nothing in it to move to system 32 please help

    Angus Howard
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    "Angus Howard via WindowsKB.com" <forum@WindowsKB.com> wrote in message

    > I tried to do what you had said but when i go on the repair folder there
    > is
    > nothing in it to move to system 32 please help

    Hello you can download one from
    http://windows.dasmirnov.net/downloads/AUTOEXEC.NT right-click and save into
    the window\system32 folder.

    --
    Paul Smith,
    Yeovil, UK.

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    Thank you so much,,you solved all my problems with other programs and games..
    God Bless

    "Paul Smith" wrote:

    > "Angus Howard via WindowsKB.com" <forum@WindowsKB.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > I tried to do what you had said but when i go on the repair folder there
    > > is
    > > nothing in it to move to system 32 please help
    >
    > Hello you can download one from
    > http://windows.dasmirnov.net/downloads/AUTOEXEC.NT right-click and save into
    > the window\system32 folder.
    >
    > --
    > Paul Smith,
    > Yeovil, UK.
    > http://www.dasmirnov.net/
    > http://windows.dasmirnov.net/ Windows XP Resource Site.
    >
    > *Replace nospam with smirnov to reply by e-mail*

MS-DOS Microsoft Windows XP