Custom built pc randomly crashing roughly once per day

chrisher

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
I built my pc around 2 months ago and posted a forum around a month ago asking for help as it kept on crashing around once per day. I was told to check the bios to see if it was overclocking too much and i lowered it and i thought that fixed it. however recently it has become more frequent and i have run out of ideas on what to do. i'm not sure whether it is a hardware or a software problem. Could you please help as i don't have the kind of money to pay for repairs. The specs are:

CPU: i5 3570k

Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 660Ti

Hard Drive: 1TB

RAM: 2x4 Corsair Vengeance Ram

Cooler : Coolmaster Hyper 212 Evo

Power Supply: Corsair 650 Watt

DirectX 11 up-to-date

all replies are greatly appreciated !!!

Please help !!!!

So what is your overclock now?

Temps?

chrisher

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
i've restored the clock to default as this was recommended last time, and the temps are :

CPU: 29c
Motherboard: 25c
Video Card: 28c
Hard Disk: 26c

crashed 4 times today and haven't done anything graphically demanding

Explain the crash. What is your OS?

chrisher

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
the screen just freezes, i can't move the mouse or click anything and the audio plays back a stuttering sound. My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate

Sounds like a driver problem.

First look in device manager are there any exclamation points?

What version of the GeForce driver are you using?

chrisher

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
i'm using up-to-date drivers for the graphics card as have updated many times and checked on the website, the only driver issues are extras such as audio

Let me be clear. It doe not have to be the video driver to cause the video to freeze. An audio driver that locks up the OS will lock up the video. Need to fix all driver issues.