coolguy1212

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
EDIT: I STILL WANT HELP I ACCIDENTALLY CHOSE A BEST ANSWER.

So I just got this monitor in the mail yesterday: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236175

The first thing i noticed when i started using it was the tiny delay when i was moving my mouse through menus ( like when i right click on the desktop or im moving my mouse over items in the start menu.) I figured it was normal and i just wasnt used to it but then i realized that in some games on certain textures i get lines on them. The lines that im getting are not really lines but more of a lines of blur and i tested this by standing in front of a wall that i got the blur on and i strafed back and fourth and the line would move up the texture when i would move ( on some textures it moves down etc.) I think it might be my graphics drivers but as i dont have much experience with monitors i wanted to ask if and see if anyone had any ideas. ( Also when i tried to launch apb it wouldnt let because it said there was a problem with my physx drivers so im thinking that could be related.)

GPU: Superclocked Evga GTX 550 Ti

Drivers: 310.70 (Latest)

Also I'm currently using vga for the monitor but i noticed it with dvi as well. Going to buy a hdmi to mini hdmi cable today to try that also.

Physx Error: http://i.imgur.com/pWP2b.png

Solution
If game offers it use vsync it tells gpu to keep frames at a rate the monitor can keep up. I have gtx 680 and when playing bf3 it looked shuttery when I moved but once I turned on vsync it was stable bad thing is not every game offers it. (Gtx averaged 80 frames too for bf3 btw.. also vsync caps fps at 60 but thats what games are ment to run at even 30 fps is good anything above 60 fps is just for show theres no point.

coolguy1212

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Also i noticed that when i have stuff like browser windows or like i right click on the desktop and the menu pops up stuff on the far left of the screen doesnt look as sharp as it does on the rest of the screen. Ive only noticed it with text so far and its barely noticeable. Any ideas?

maucerit

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
If game offers it use vsync it tells gpu to keep frames at a rate the monitor can keep up. I have gtx 680 and when playing bf3 it looked shuttery when I moved but once I turned on vsync it was stable bad thing is not every game offers it. (Gtx averaged 80 frames too for bf3 btw.. also vsync caps fps at 60 but thats what games are ment to run at even 30 fps is good anything above 60 fps is just for show theres no point.

Solution

coolguy1212

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012

It does it when i scroll on browser windows too though.

Kari

Splendid
the slight blurrynes might be caused by slightly off clock/phase settings on the monitor, also adjust the size of the image so that it fits the screen pixel perfect (look in the drivers or OSD on the monitor). If the size is even one step off the target you'll get blurrynes at the sides.. These problems would be avoided if you used digital connection, but on analog you'll have to fine tune them manually.
Here's a nice site to help with the calibration:
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

the lines might be caused by something else thou