Nokia 6600 and Calendar sync

I'd like to synchronize my calendar and if possible, my notes with the
PC (or yahoo or some website), so that I can put new data in very
easily. I went to Tools->Sync and its asking me to create some sync
profile.

I have no bluetooh transciever on the PC. This profile implies I can
just sync over the internet with my Nokia 6600, how do I do this, what
would it connect to, some yahoo IP address, or the internet IP of my
windows PC?

I was thinking, if there is a way to tell PC Suite (dont have it
installed yet, but I'll install if I can sync without the bluetooth
receiver), to bind to a port, then I can just get my nokia connecting
to it over the access point I am paying for monthly.

I am using T-Mobile with Nokia 6600, on a Windows PC. I am still
debating getting a bluetooth transciever, good ones are about $70 in
total, and I don't really want it if I can do it on the internet
anyway...

thanks,
mohan
3 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6600 calendar sync

    > I am using T-Mobile with Nokia 6600, on a Windows PC. I am still
    > debating getting a bluetooth transciever, good ones are about $70 in
    > total, and I don't really want it if I can do it on the internet
    > anyway...

    Ask your operator for sync server. I know that in my network - IDEA -Poland,
    they made server and wants also for using it about 2 euro per month!
    If you have acces to any linux server you can install multisync with syncml
    module and this server will do the same. It can be synchronized to anything
    else - see diffrent modules.

    I'm acctualy using SmartvCal on nokia to get appoitments, and importing it
    via kOrganizer on Mandrake. It is terrible becouse of polish special
    characters but it works. Any diffrent ideas?

    --
    Pozdrawiam
    Harpik

    I hope you find the answer to your question but I bought a real good
    Bluetooth kit far less than $70 and it made synchronizing my calendar
    and my notes with the
    PC so easy that I now believe it was well worth the cost. Here is the
    place I bought it from:

    http://www.cell-phone-accessories.com/nokia-6600-bluetooth-adapter-dongle.html

    Besides it is safer because synchronizing personal data like phone
    numbers and notes between my Nokia 6600 and PC can be done offline.
    Just thought I'll pass on my two penny worth. I hope the information
    above is helpful to you in deciding how to get the job done.

    .... our web-based SyncML server service is open for you and free of
    charge. I don't want to earn the reputation as a spammer, so just drop
    by www.mobical.net for more information.

    --
    MobicalTeam

Nokia Internet