Problem with AoE II

When I try and load AoE II the conquerors expansion there is an error message
"Could not initialize graphics system. Make sure your video card and driver
are compatiable with directdraw." I have played it with no problems on my
comp but now I get this message.
1 answer Last reply
More about problem

    Hi Paulie,

    Please try the solutions in this article on for size:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=242902

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Paulie" <Paulie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B9C4D0B-F9E7-49AB-9E67-C39C0FECF992@microsoft.com...
    | When I try and load AoE II the conquerors expansion there is an error message
    | "Could not initialize graphics system. Make sure your video card and driver
    | are compatiable with directdraw." I have played it with no problems on my
    | comp but now I get this message.

Windows XP