Reliable PSU for New Build

martinuv

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
I need a reliable PSU for a new build. 600-750W should be plenty. I would love it if its modular but I'd rather that its reliable. Also, I don't want to want to spend more than $100. Thanks!

I'm looking at an XFX right now:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207014&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Solution
D
Actually Flextronics makes Corsair's best power supplies. Overall as a manufacturer Seasonic is on top right now though. The SuperFlower made Rosewill units are quite good but if compared to a similar Seasonic unit such as the X series I would go with the Seasonic every time. If you are on a tight budget the Capstones are the best 80 Plus Gold modular power supplies in their normal price range though. You would have to catch an X series on sale to compete price wise.

The XFX you linked to is a great choice. All XFX units are made by Seasonic. At the nearly equal prices I would go with the Rosewill though. They used to be a brand to avoid but the newer high efficiency SuperFlower units have really turned things around for them.

properbuilds

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Hi, the rosewill capstone is made by super flower, it's as good as the seasonic units.
You can find several reviews of the series with good reviews of it, in such websites as jonny guru, anandtech, hardware secrets,etc.
The hx isn't fully modular, it's also semi-modular and it's known to have a chirping noise.

darkspartenwarrior

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

Still I'd trust Corsair's customer service more than Rosewill.

Your choice though.

D

Deleted member 217926

Actually Flextronics makes Corsair's best power supplies. Overall as a manufacturer Seasonic is on top right now though. The SuperFlower made Rosewill units are quite good but if compared to a similar Seasonic unit such as the X series I would go with the Seasonic every time. If you are on a tight budget the Capstones are the best 80 Plus Gold modular power supplies in their normal price range though. You would have to catch an X series on sale to compete price wise.

The XFX you linked to is a great choice. All XFX units are made by Seasonic. At the nearly equal prices I would go with the Rosewill though. They used to be a brand to avoid but the newer high efficiency SuperFlower units have really turned things around for them.

Solution