Dilemma regarding graphics card and motherboard....

Man2cool

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
I currently have an Asus M4N98TD EVO motherboard, which has the Nvidia Chipset and SLI Computability, not Crossfire though.
With my current graphics cards, SLI GTS 250 1gb, I want a new upgrade because the power consumption and noise those fans make are unbearable now. I am in tight budget and did quite the research in deciding which graphics card to pick.

I am leaning towards an XFX HD 7870, but I never had a Radeon card, always Nvidia. My issue is whether the Nvidia Chipset will have a negative impact on the Radeon card due to all the Nvidia drivers I have downloaded in the past.

If you feel there is a better card, please include one. Finally, I DO NOT overclock anything and I run my games at 1680x1050 resolution. I only play DOTA, Black Ops 2, and CS:GO.

I have a Phenom X4 965, have 8gb of memory, and 650W Corsair power supply. Running Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Wolfshadw

Titan
There will be no negative impact from running an AMD Radeon card in a system that has an NVidia Chipset. Motherboard driver will need to remain in place (no effect on Radeon graphic cards), while NVidia graphic card drivers should be removed.

-Wolf sends