Mobo powers on then off immediately

zerodragon00

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
First off thanks ahead of time for reading my post, any insight is appreciated! Purchased a new mobo, CPU, and memory to replace in a system I built a few years back. Hooked the basics up in a breadboard setup, turn on the power and it starts then immediately dies. Attempted the applicable points on the checklist, checked the RAM and PSU, reseated the CPU, still nothing. Oddly enough, if I remove the CPU and then power it up the system actually lasts roughly 3 seconds and enters an endless reboot. So I don't know if it's the mobo or the CPU or both.
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU: Intel I5 3570K

Thanks!

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
i would try if you could with another psu that you know is working ,then you will have to test the board .after the cpu ,it could also be the ram .adding this that the reset button on top of the debug led and what those led give you for the system when it boot you could find the meaning in your motherboard user manual .

zerodragon00

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013

As stated in the initial post, though I suppose I could clarify what I meant, the PSU (750W) has been tested and is working. The RAM was checked with multiple (different) sticks attempted in all of the slots, used spare RAM from a working system as well. I don't have a spare board/CPU that matches the LGA 1155 chipset to attempt to swap those around. I will attempt to look into the debug led after work tonight, but considering the system doesn't boot because it 'powers on then off immediately,' I'm unsure how much help it will be.
Thanks.

zerodragon00

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013

Let me preface this by saying that considering that it will not power up (and by that I mean, litterally, it powers on then off in less than a second) even when I breadboard the system with nothing but the mobo, CPU and fan, a single stick of RAM, and the PSU (even alternating in the GFX card, a different stick of RAM, etc etc) the information may not be helpful.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Intel Z77
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz LGA 1155
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
PSU: Ultra LSP750 750-Watt Power Supply
GFX: EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB Solid State Drive
HD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive

zerodragon00

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013

The debug led is not displaying anything. You press the power button on the board, the board springs to life for litterally a second and then dies.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
did you try to boot with only the cpu and 1 stick of ram and the drive that have the os plug on the cpu on a cardboard,if you do the test with the ssd and no result unplug the ssd and use the hdd to retest boot .also check all the power cable that the board need if they are plug in correctly .

zerodragon00

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013

All of this has been attempted. Board has been RMA, I will post the results.

TRENDING THREADS