I replaced old crt monitor-w/ lcd t no signal input msg

wanda_40

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
I replaced an old CRT monitor with a newer used dell LCD monitor and get a msg on monitor "no signal". The cpu is a newer acer. Connections all good. I've tried unplugging pc and powering up again w/ same message. Now what?

Does the Dell monitor have more than one type of port on the monitor to use a different type of cable? Ie. it might have a port for VGA cable and also a port for an HDMI or Display Port. The cables might not be connected, but i'm just tryingto find out if has any other ports on the monitor itself for different types of cables.

The only thing that I can think of at the moment, is that maybe your screen resolution is set too high for that Dell monitor. However, the fact that you don't see anything on the screen before Windows starts to load, makes me doubt that that is the problem.

When is the last time that you actually checked the Dell monitor on a computer or laptop?

wanda_40

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
I just plugged the Dell monitor into my husband's computer & it worked just fine. I guess it is the motherboard that went bad - which totally sucks.

Thanks for all your help Danny - I really appreciate it.