Another "Is my GPU too hot" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyproagin

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
Okay so I know people ask this a bajillion times a day, I guess it's my turn!

I just put a new GPU in a crappy case here so I know the cooling isn't going to be the best.

At max load the GPU is running at about 79-80 degrees celsius.

It is an EVGA Geforce GTX 660 Superclocked. It is running standard and I haven't OC'd it at all.

The case is a Gateway case. (was considered a brick by the previous owner, just needed a new power supply so I got it for a great deal.) I will also be upgrading the case here in the near future.

I'm just wondering if until then (a few weeks to a month) if the card is running at that temp that I'll be okay.

I would love some feedback. I can't seem to find reliable info that pertains to this specific card and temperature.

Thanks folks.

Solution
80C is not dangerous to the card, but i would put it as it would cut down the lifespan of the card (nothing serious, it would die sooner than it would over the years if kept like that, you should have nothing serious to worry about though). You could try turning up your case fans, and turning up the fan on the GPU itself. Hope this helped you out

Cheers :)

Dupontrocks11

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Well It's not dangerous, but usually I like to see temps around the low 70's. It shouldn't malfunction at those temps, but try and get them lower as soon as you can. In the meantime, you can try and mount another fan inside the case or turn down your heat.

Lyproagin

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
I'm thinking it won't be too long before I upgrade, just waiting on a paycheck I would assume haha.

Anyhoo, I just want to make sure if I use it for a few weeks that I'll be good.

ProSnipor

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
80C is not dangerous to the card, but i would put it as it would cut down the lifespan of the card (nothing serious, it would die sooner than it would over the years if kept like that, you should have nothing serious to worry about though). You could try turning up your case fans, and turning up the fan on the GPU itself. Hope this helped you out

Cheers :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.