Rant about FarCry3 FPS!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
OK guys deep breath.....

I'M FRIKKIN LIVID AGAIN ABOUT SHITE PORTS FROM CONSOLES!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but I run an HD5970 Black and can't get more than 30fps on FC3. I put settings to low I get 30 and if i put settings to ultra I still get 30. WTF :fou:

Does anyone know how to get around this with a 5970? OK this card is now 3 years old but it's still a very powerful card and I can run ANY of my other games Maxed at 1080P 4xaa. incl Warhead at 60fps maxed. I'm furious I've paid full price for a game that will only honour half my PC's performance. I have downloaded the beta 12.11 with the latest CAP but nothing has changed. I even had to take my XFi sound card out and install my on-board sound is I couldn't hear speech in the game. Sorry but from a developer like Ubisoft I expected better. just look at Anno 2070 to see what these guys can do, which indecently I play a lot as well.
A very frustrated HD5970 user. :fou:

Just for the record here are my specs.
Core i7 920 OC @ 3.6Ghz
8Gb OCZ Reaper DDR3
1000W Corsair PSU
XFX HD5970 Black Edition

I had that card and CPU. Awesome CPU. Card sucked though - did you play Dead Space 2 on it? By the way, what config is your RAM in? 2x 4GB? You've got triple channel memory architecture there - you're better off taking full advantage of it with three sticks for 25.6GB/s bandwidth.

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006

Good point however i've got 4x 2Gb modules, will this still give my DDR3 performance?

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
in addition, what do you mean the card sucked though????
I love this card and i've never had any problems with it until now..... Confused!

cbrunnem

Distinguished
if you still want cartoon looking games then go ahead and continue complaining but if not the update your old gen parts. graphics are being push further ahead and you have no proof that its a bad port pure speculation.

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006

Sorry man but my PC is still a VERY capable PC and with this horsepower under the bonnet i've got FC3 should run better. As evidence that this is not ported properly then why do I get 30fps on low and still 30fps on high when all my other games work really well. Just for the recored the 5970 is still as powerful as a GTX670. Don't talk to me about old tech!

cbrunnem

Distinguished

that is a very good sign of a cpu bottleneck. when you go from high to low settings and gain nothing typically its cause your cpu isnt strong enough.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/far-cry-3-performance-benchmark,3379-6.html

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006

Oh come on!
My sons Xbox has 6 or 7 year old tech and it runs better than my PC. The PC will always need updating but I think my specs are considerable compared to an XBOX 360. Don't unsult me please.....

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006

In theory yes, but having done my MSi afterburner my GPU's hang out at 80% but my CPU only reaches 50% this would contradict your idea. Thank you for a sensible solution though ;)

:heink:

FC3 should be optimised more the PC than the console but that doesn't mean that it is simply because the consoles don't change but the PC's do, except yours of course. :whistle: :ange:

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
Mousemonkey you are very delusional. Sorry but that is what I feel.
Did you not read the posts above? If I had said I only get 30fps on maxed I could agree, but you are missing the point! I only get 30fps on low as well. NO MY CPU IS NOT BOTTLENECKING MY GPU

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006

Thanks, but yes i've done that. :)

How am I delusional? Answer carefully as your account may depend it.

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
OK i'll end this discussion because you are Wielding a big stick.

However for the greater good of the forum try not to win a battle against Mousemonkey because he can't be seen to lose an argument. Sorry mate but i'm not here to cause trouble i'm here to find solutions but frankly your post has not been at all helpful. Lets hope we can move forward sensibly.....

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006

Yes I did and it game me a slight improvement but i'm still capped at 30fps

Calling me delusional does not go down well if one were to consider the amount of games that have been ported over from consoles really badly in the last few years, and yes I do have a big stick that I will whip out when the occasion requires it.

Status
Not open for further replies.