XP Build Driver Problems. What am I doing wrong?

I just completed my first PC build. I am having trouble with the installation of the drivers. I have an MSI H61-E33/W8 motherboard and am running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.

I went to the MSI website and downloaded all of the drivers for XP 32bit. I just completed my first PC build. I am having trouble with the installation of the drivers. I have an MSI H61-E33/W8 motherboard and am running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.

I went to the MSI website and downloaded all of the drivers for XP 32bit.

http://us.msi.com/product/mb/H61M-E33-W8.html#/?div=Driver&os=XP%2032

First of all I should make it known that when I installed the OS I did not partition the HD. Don't know if that's a problem. If it is how can I just completely start over? Delete the OS and everything, I mean.

I downloaded the drivers onto a USB drive from my other computer and loaded them onto the computer. I tried to install the chipset drivers first. When I try to run the setup.exe, I get a message saying that my computer "does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software." Can't get past this message.

I can't access the internet on this computer either. When I try to open Internet Explorer, it says which program would I like to open it with.

I tried the drivers and utilities disc that came with the motherboard, but I get an error message when trying to run that. "DVD Setup has encountered an error and needs to close."

What am I doing wrong? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
3 answers Last reply
More about build driver problems wrong
  1. It definitely sounds like a corrupt installation of Windows. Format the hard drive and start over.

-Wolf sends
  2. Ok, I did a fresh install. Partitioned the hard drive this time. Was definitely a corrupt install.

However, when I try to install the drivers from the MSI link above I still get a "your computer does not meet the minimum requirements" message for the Intel TPM Driver and TPM Device Driver. I was able to install the chipset driver directly from the MSI motherboard drivers and utilities disc. Still no go on the internet version though.
  3. Not sure you actually need those drivers. A little bit of Google searching shows it may not be all that important.

-Wolf sends
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Drivers Build Windows XP Systems