Sign in with
Your question

XP Build Driver Problems. What am I doing wrong?

Last response: in Systems
February 15, 2013 6:07:58 AM

I just completed my first PC build. I am having trouble with the installation of the drivers. I have an MSI H61-E33/W8 motherboard and am running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.

I went to the MSI website and downloaded all of the drivers for XP 32bit. I just completed my first PC build. I am having trouble with the installation of the drivers. I have an MSI H61-E33/W8 motherboard and am running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.

I went to the MSI website and downloaded all of the drivers for XP 32bit.

http://us.msi.com/product/mb/H61M-E33-W8.html#/?div=Dri...

First of all I should make it known that when I installed the OS I did not partition the HD. Don't know if that's a problem. If it is how can I just completely start over? Delete the OS and everything, I mean.

I downloaded the drivers onto a USB drive from my other computer and loaded them onto the computer. I tried to install the chipset drivers first. When I try to run the setup.exe, I get a message saying that my computer "does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software." Can't get past this message.

I can't access the internet on this computer either. When I try to open Internet Explorer, it says which program would I like to open it with.

I tried the drivers and utilities disc that came with the motherboard, but I get an error message when trying to run that. "DVD Setup has encountered an error and needs to close."

What am I doing wrong? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

a b B Homebuilt system
a b \ Driver
February 15, 2013 12:19:14 PM

It definitely sounds like a corrupt installation of Windows. Format the hard drive and start over.

-Wolf sends
m
l
February 15, 2013 7:56:20 PM

Ok, I did a fresh install. Partitioned the hard drive this time. Was definitely a corrupt install.

However, when I try to install the drivers from the MSI link above I still get a "your computer does not meet the minimum requirements" message for the Intel TPM Driver and TPM Device Driver. I was able to install the chipset driver directly from the MSI motherboard drivers and utilities disc. Still no go on the internet version though.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b \ Driver
February 15, 2013 11:04:49 PM

Not sure you actually need those drivers. A little bit of Google searching shows it may not be all that important.

-Wolf sends
m
l
!