Question on Panasonic Lumix FZ20 regarding apertures avail..

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
May 4, 2005 12:45:43 AM

I understand that some cameras, like the Nikon 8800, does not allow a
the lens to open up to the widest aperture available when one uses a
top fast shutter speed.....does the Panasonic Lumix FA20 have this
limitation, or can one use a fast shutter speed and the fastest wide
aperture opening at the same time with the Lumix FZ20?
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 10:14:21 AM

zeno wrote:
> I understand that some cameras, like the Nikon 8800, does not allow a
> the lens to open up to the widest aperture available when one uses a
> top fast shutter speed.....does the Panasonic Lumix FA20 have this
> limitation, or can one use a fast shutter speed and the fastest wide
> aperture opening at the same time with the Lumix FZ20?

In shutter priority mode:

- all apertures allow speeds of up to 1/1000s
- f/4 - f/8 allows up to 1/1300s
- f/5.6 - f/8 allows up to 1/1600s
- f/8 allows up to 1/2000s

See page 53 of the manual.

Cheers,
David
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 10:21:53 AM

zeno wrote:
> I understand that some cameras, like the Nikon 8800, does not allow a
> the lens to open up to the widest aperture available when one uses a
> top fast shutter speed.....does the Panasonic Lumix FA20 have this
> limitation, or can one use a fast shutter speed and the fastest wide
> aperture opening at the same time with the Lumix FZ20?

I meant to add - you can find the manual here:

http://panasonic.com.au/content/library/files/F000741.p...

Cheers,
David
!