First build

Rayleigh7

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
I am in need of setting up 2 pcs for gaming. Mostly games like World of Warcraft hoping to be able to run like close to ultra-settings if possible.

One will have a CPU, Mobo, Ram, and OS from a friend hopefully. Hard drives are slow and low on space so wanting to upgrade them.

I have some parts in mind but I would like some advice on possibly dropping the price a little. I will most likely be doing another build next year so would like some room for future upgrades.

Thank you for the help with this I just remember started video games again. Really hoping to finally play with games without an integrated GPU.

Approximate Purchase Date: 2 weeks hopefully

Budget Range: Hopefully less then $1400 (Less is WAY better)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Mostly gaming (WoW, Starcraft 2, Borderlands 2, Tera, Warcraft 3, Aion)

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade: 1 CPU, motherboard, memory, OS, monitor (1080p), keyboard (preferably mechanical), and mouse. 2 Cases, PSU, GPU, HDD, Cpu cooler.

Do you need to buy OS: Yes
Please note that if you're using an OEM license of Windows, you will need a new one when buying a new motherboard.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, Micro Center, Tiger Direct

Parts Preferences: AMD for cheaper parts

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050 and 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Quiet.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Old pc can’t even run World of Warcraft on low settings.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: GA-78LMT-S2P Socket AM3+ (Free with CPU @ Microcenter)
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB ($53.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 ($99.99 after rebate @ Newegg)
Case: HAF 912 ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Antec BP550 Plus 550W ($54.99 after rebate @ Newegg)
Monitor: ASUS VH236H Black 23" ($149.99 after rebate @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow (99.99 @ Newegg)
Mouse: Preferably one with buttons.

Rayleigh7

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
For now I just want to get the system running. I will probably add an ssd to my next build when I have more money. Any other information would be helpful. Thanks for the reply.