Sign in with
Your question

Low Performance Gtx 690

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 29, 2012 7:50:40 PM

Hi guys , i bougt my gtx 690 some days ago , and i noticed that im getting an average of 60 fps in games like Bf3 , Call of Duty , Just Cause 2 .. And there are some games that i get less .. So , i was trying to record one game with fraps , and a noticed that some times it lag a bit . Is there any way to get more fps , increase performance ? . its a bit strange because im running a single 1920 x 1200 monitor .

My Pc Specs :

EVGA GTX 690
I7 930 @ 2,80 GHZ With Corsair H80 water cooler .
8GB KINGSTON 1333 Mhz DDR3
Intel DX58SO Extreme series
Corsair HX1050

Any solution ?

Thanks

More about : low performance gtx 690

a b U Graphics card
December 29, 2012 7:59:03 PM

Wait, you were recording with fraps when you had 60 fps? Because fraps has options to cap the fps while recording, also when you lag while recording its because your HDD is crying because it is writing so many image files. For examples I get stuttering when fraps creates a new .avi file while recording. Something like this is to be expected if you aren't saving the files to an SSD.
m
l
December 29, 2012 8:10:05 PM

ProSnipor said:
Wait, you were recording with fraps when you had 60 fps? Because fraps has options to cap the fps while recording, also when you lag while recording its because your HDD is crying because it is writing so many image files. For examples I get stuttering when fraps creates a new .avi file while recording. Something like this is to be expected if you aren't saving the files to an SSD.

Well , i get 60 fps without fraps , now imagine with frpas .. :pfff: 

Well , i intend to buy a new hdd and put fraps inside to record , because my hdd is very slow .. .
But its very strange 60 fps without fraps isint it ?

Any possibility that my current hdd is causing this low performance , because i think he is 3200 rpm or less i dont know.. ?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 29, 2012 8:17:23 PM

tiagosimk said:
Well , i get 60 fps without fraps , now imagine with frpas .. :pfff: 

Well , i intend to buy a new hdd and put fraps inside to record , because my hdd is very slow .. .
But its very strange 60 fps without fraps isint it ?

Yes very much so, I know some games don't support sli (or crossfire) so you only get the benefit of a single gpu. This may be a silly question but, you don't have V-Sync on in your games do you? V-Sync will cap the fps to your monitors maximum output (usually 60) this is so you don't experience screen tearing in your games. This could be why you are at 60 fps.
m
l
!