Final Fantasy XI Error 1311 and 1603

I just reinstalled the OS and have an extra hard drive that is partitioned
30/50.
Running XP pro with SP2 on C: drive = 20gb, applications on D: drive = 30gb
and Data on E: drive = 50gb. PC is PIII processor with 863MHz,272 MB of RAM
and an 128MB DDR SDRAM in Tornado GeForce 4 MX 440 AGP 8X by NVIDIA.

FINAL FANTASY XI ERROR
Error 1311. Source file not found: D:\Program Files\Playonline\New Folder\
A04002W_004_C01 (D) Data 11.Cab.
Verify that the file exsists and that you can access it.

FEATURE TRANSFER ERROR
Error:-1603 Fatal error during installation
consult windows installer help(MSI) or (MSDN) for more information.

Did what was suggested the other day by the PlayOnline Information Center

Place disc 1 into your CD-ROM, double click on my computer, right-click on
the CD-ROM drive, and click "Explore".
Click "Edit", and then "Select All". Click "Edit" again and click "Copy".
Create a new folder on your hard drive, and paste the files from the disc
that you copied to the new folder.
Repeat this until you have ALL the files from each disc in the same folder,
then go into the folder and run
SETUP.EXE to start the installation process.
The PlayOnline Viewer is 1 disc, FINAL FANTASY XI is 3 discs, and the
expansion is 1 disk. So if you cant install FINAL FANTASY, you would put
the files from only disc 1, 2, and 3 in the same folder. If you copy the
PlayOnline disc files to a folder, you have to run setup.exe in the
subfolder called "PlayOnline" in order for setup to start.

Still get the same problem/errors.

It still seems like im missing something, maybe an installer of some kind?

installed UT2003 with no problems after trying FFXI.

Hi Will,

Here's what Install Shield recommends for that error:
http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q111019

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms