Synchronization

Last response: in Digital Camera
May 12, 2005 2:49:33 AM

Is there any material available on how to synchronize the shutters of two
disimilar cameras?
I would like to take my two cameras and try to construct a digital stereo
camera, but I haven't the slightest idea of how to sync the shutters.

More about : synchronization

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 6:25:02 AM

Clearly, no... (O;

Not only will their shutter lags differ, but they will differ at
different rates and possibly depend on different things, so the chances
of real synchronisation would be slim indeed. And why would anyone
bother, rather than just use similar cameras, for such a project?

The best you could do would be to turn off all the automatic stuff that
you can, and then experiment. Are your subjects moving that fast that
a slight error will be a problem? If so, good luck, but I think you're
starting with your hands tied..
!