ASUS Radeon HD 7850 - Graphical glitches, possible defection?

KrEnX

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Hello, I recently bought ASUS Radeon HD 7850 and I'd like to ask for some opinions and information.

So first I uninstaled old drivers plug in new card and install new drivers. I went playing a game and after few minutes my whole screen when grey with some weird lines. I restarted the PC and there was some graphical snowflakes that started to appear over the screen untill it was barely anything wisible, and it eneded up with a blue lined picture, same as grey one before only this time it was light blue.
I then returned my old card and everything worked fine as before, then tried HD 7850 again and same thing accured. First I thought I installed drivers wrong or something. But this time it didn't even let me install the drivers as snowflakes started to appear while downloading the new driver and then it all ended up with the blue-lined picture, I can upload one if anyone wants to see how it looked like. Also this graphical glitches only acures AFTER the "loading windows" screen. When it should of show up the Account Login screen. Either it shows up and completly bugs out after I log in or it does it right away before I even login in to my account.

Anyways, it seems like GPU might of come with defection OR perhaps my motherboard or isn't supporting it or my PSU isn't strong enough?

Here are my system specifications:
Motherboard: MSI X58 Pro-E (MS-7522)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 18GB RAM
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5870
Monitor: AOC - Generic PnP Monitor 1680x1050 resolution
Computer Case CoolerMaster Intros HAF 922 Mid-Tower Chassis
Power Supply Unit - 550W (LC5550 v2.2)

I've read on offical site that 500W PSU is recommanded or higher, it's a bit on edge but still I think it could be enough or is it? I don't have any other PC's to test it on there as well so, I'm also thinking to just ship it back to the store and they can test it themselfs, but I wanna be sure first if it wasn't actually my PC components not compatible with the GPU. Any help you guys could provide I'd really appreciate it. If any more info needed just let me know.

Cheers

P.S. Here's the link of where I bought the card from http://www.enaa.com/oddelki/racunalnistvo/izd_206_etav3evrqtxv_asus_graficna_kartica_hd_7850__2gb#

your psu being on the edge is not what i think is the problem because the hd7xxx series does not require that much power any way. more so since you were running the hd 5870 without any problem it is most likely that the problem might be with you main board as well (not that it is broken in any way). just try and update the bios of the same to see if that works

it is also to be noted that you might have a driver conflict between your previous 5 series drivers and the new 7 series drivers. try complete uninstall of the older drivers and re installing it again after a reboot. here is a link to guide you through

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/237524-how-remove-amd-drivers-properly.html

KrEnX

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Hey thanks for respond, this is what I did before I found out about my problem:

I used some program UniBlue DriverScanner that found all my drivers and installed it. I thought I saw it installed graphic card drivers as well but looks like it was only default. So I think I had no drivers from Catalyst before, ony default VGA ones. Anyways since I didn't find any I just went to device manager and uninstalled it from there, my screen went to 800x600 and I switched the cards then. Also now I'm thinking is it good if I just uninstall everything using methods from the link you sent, and then install the beta drivers, and then go replacing cards as if I first plug in the new one graphical glitches appears and blurs my screen before I manage to install new drivers. Also does the card work only with beta ones? As I haven't installed beta drivers yet on this machine. Only the normal one from October.

That's the first I'll try before updating bios, as that's something I've never done before and will have to look in to it on how to do that. Also what if my motherboard completly doesn't support my new card? :( Is there anywhere to check if motherboards supports it?

don't worry about that ....your mother board does support your card.
move on with your bios update and driver re install.

also in the future do not to use any third party software to install drivers.do it yourself.