Solved

Have 6 gb ram installed but system reads only 4 gb

Hi, I hope someone is able to help me with this

i have installed 6 gb ram on my pc and recently upgraded my windows 7 from 32 bit to 64 bit.

However my Bios and my windows are only able to read 4 gb ( 2 of the RAM sticks out of 3 ). When i run pinform speccy , the program is able to read all 3 sticks stating 6 gb ram.

Is anyone able to help me out in identifying the missing 2 gb ram

9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about have installed system reads
  1. Try updating your BIOS,

also you should see if your Mobo requires you to have your memory installed in pairs?
  2. if it a dell or hp check the vendor spec or run crucial memory advisory to see if the mb max ram was 4g.
  3. it is a Asus p6t deluxe v2

I have already updated my bio + placed them in my a1 / b1 / c1 slots (as according to the manual handbook) still doesn't wrk =(
  4. What kind of Ram are you using, Brand, DDR 3? PC3-?
  5. Best answer
    Maybe one of the sticks has an issue. Was it a kit? Try Memtest.
  6. Best answer selected by Sp4dez.
  7. k found it .

i guess maybe the stick was loose or something (which is weird as they were all locked)

I took them out 1 by 1 to find which one was the stick and switched it around with another stick and it worked. Thanks!
  8. k found it .

i guess maybe the stick was loose or something (which is weird as they were all locked)

I took them out 1 by 1 to find which one was the stick and switched it around with another stick and it worked. Thanks!
  9. Glad to hear you fixed the issue. Have fun
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Windows 7 RAM BIOS Systems