GPU underclocked from factory!

dipayan102

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
I have stumbled across a strange problem. Recently i bought a new desktop. I purchased SPARKLE GTX 560 non-ti GPU. After a few days of purchase, i found out that the card was actually underclocked from factory. It was running at 720/1000. However, according to NVIDIA website, the normal clock for the card is 810/1025... or something lyk that! So, I overclocked it from 720/1000 to 800/1050. As soon as i did that, I found that the temperatures are now reaching to 85C! Is this normal for a gtx 560 non-ti card? I mean... according to NVIDIA website, Im still running the card at clock speeds below normal...considering that....isnt the temperature a little too high? Did this have something to do with SPARKLE cards?? I find ppl posting in different forums that they overclock their GTX 560's to 950/1200 without ne trouble!! Cant i do that with my card?? :(

dipayan102

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Its assembled! I did a lot of research and assembled dis machine. I agree that the temps might be a rsn that this card was underclocked from factory....but that doesnt really explain y wud the temperatures rise so much at the normal clock speeds that NVIDIA has meant it to perform at! :( Is SPARKLE known for making shitty cards like this? Shall it be safe if i overclock my GTX 560 to higher levels ignoring the fact that it was actually "underclocked" from factory?!