Closed Solved

Crossfire bridge

Hi every body im gonna make my own Gaming computer for the first time and i wanna have 2 graphics card in it.


The case is a Cm storm trooper (that is a very big case) i just need to know what graphics card i should buy.

Both the graphics cards must highest cost 531$ (together)

Plzz help me.. :)
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about crossfire bridge
  1. Well firstly I would advise against getting a crossfire setup or SLi setup as you would be better off with a good card versus 2 lower end cards put together. You are safer off with a single card scaling wise then 2 cards and it leaves you open for expandability in the future rather than maxing yourself off to start.

    I would look at the 7970 one like this
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121560

    Or quite possibly a 670 or 680

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130797

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121707
  2. bigshootr8 said:
    Well firstly I would advise against getting a crossfire setup or SLi setup as you would be better off with a good card versus 2 lower end cards put together. You are safer off with a single card scaling wise then 2 cards and it leaves you open for expandability in the future rather than maxing yourself off to start.

    I would look at the 7970 one like this
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121560

    Or quite possibly a 670 or 680

    http://wwhttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130797 w.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121707


    Which one is better of those three?? :)
  3. Best answer
    For the price the 670 most certainly. You couldn't feel the difference with a 670 against a 7970 unless you were running higher then a 1080p display or you were running a multi monitor setup which in either case you would want two of any of the cards I have listed. If it were me I would get the 670 I feel you get similar performance to the 7970 at a cheaper price. The 680 is nice however its not a whole lot better then either card.

    If you were going to get a 7970 and were insistent on it I would try and get this one. Seems to be one of the better priced Ghz edition cards and has a great cooler. I do like ASUS's cards though they are dead silent.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202001


  4. bigshootr8 said:
    For the price the 670 most certainly. You couldn't feel the difference with a 670 against a 7970 unless you were running higher then a 1080p display or you were running a multi monitor setup which in either case you would want two of any of the cards I have listed. If it were me I would get the 670 I feel you get similar performance to the 7970 at a cheaper price. The 680 is nice however its not a whole lot better then either card.

    If you were going to get a 7970 and were insistent on it I would try and get this one. Seems to be one of the better priced Ghz edition cards and has a great cooler. I do like ASUS's cards though they are dead silent.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202001









    Im gonna go with Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz 3GB -Demo
  5. Best answer selected by listetyven123123.
  6. The one I would go with I'm not sure which one you are referring to I linked 2 sapphire cards.
  7. bigshootr8 said:
    The one I would go with I'm not sure which one you are referring to I linked 2 sapphire cards.



    This is the one http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=766875
  8. Oh okay so the Ghz Vapor Edition yea good card :)
  9. bigshootr8 said:
    Oh okay so the Ghz Vapor Edition yea good card :)



    Yeah and THANK YOU! :D
  10. Enjoy your new card just make sure you have ample power sir :) 550w to 650w should be ample.
  11. bigshootr8 said:
    Enjoy your new card just make sure you have ample power sir :) 550w to 650w should be ample.

    im gonna get 650W :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Cases Computer Crossfire Graphics Product