Should I OC this? And what's turbo mean?

Solution
I doubt it will give you any FPS increase you will notice....but it sure is fun to overclock them! 1) your GPU is OP already 2) the 2500K is already pretty darn fast for gaming 3) even for games that are heavily dependent on CPU, you're not really gimped with that CPU anyway, even at stock settings.

Turbo boost means that it will automatically temporarily overclock itself if it needs to. There is no action you need to take for that.

If you do decide to OC it for fun, make sure you study up first, and get the proper aftermarket cooling.

catatafish

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
I doubt it will give you any FPS increase you will notice....but it sure is fun to overclock them! 1) your GPU is OP already 2) the 2500K is already pretty darn fast for gaming 3) even for games that are heavily dependent on CPU, you're not really gimped with that CPU anyway, even at stock settings.

Turbo boost means that it will automatically temporarily overclock itself if it needs to. There is no action you need to take for that.

If you do decide to OC it for fun, make sure you study up first, and get the proper aftermarket cooling.

Solution