Comp Freezing in-Game

i play world of warcraft and i was having problems with my widio card(readon
9700 pro)every few hours the screen would go blank the montior would say
that there is no connection and then it would come back everything very
distorted. i could still hear the sound of the game.after about 20 secs it
went back to normal. so i bought a new vidio card (readon 9600 xt 256 mb)
i instaled it updated the drivers and open WoW and the first time i open it
it freezes at the start does the same thing that my old card was doing only
this time the game didnt go back to normal and the whole comp frooze this
keeped happening when i opened the game then it finally stoped doing it after
several restarts. now it does it about every hr. the screen goes blank some
distorted stuff comes up and then a bunch of distorted yellow fills the
screen. when that happens the comp has frooze and have to hold the power
butten to turn it off.

Hi Blazecore,

Hardware issues can cause freezing, black screens and other
errors. Also, your drivers should always be kept up to date.

Try the following steps one at a time to try and resolve the issue.
- Or in your case, I would skip step 1 for now since you most
likely have the best drivers for the newly installed 9600

1. Update DirectX and your Chipset, Sound, &Video Drivers:
For all Video / DirectX / Game and Hardware Issues, I have a
Checklist of Solutions at: http://NibblesNbitsVideo.tk

2. Dust your fans, vents and components using a 1/4" paintbrush
and a hose vacuum. Use compressed air for hard to reach places.
Set a housefan to blow cold air into your case to expose an over-
heating issue.. If it works add more fans or replace defective ones.
Use this Motherboard Monitor Utility: http://mbm.livewiredev.com

3. A faulty power supply can cause STOP errors, random reboots,
and black screen lockups. One way to test for that is to check the
wattage sticker on your power supply and then calculate your need
http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/ (Min. 350 for gaming)

4. Test your RAM using: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User