Sign in with
Your question

GTX 550 Ti with 1920x1080 problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 30, 2012 2:13:56 AM

So I just got this monitor in the mail yesterday: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The first thing i noticed when i started using it was the tiny delay when i was moving my mouse through menus ( like when i right click on the desktop or im moving my mouse over items in the start menu.) I figured it was normal and i just wasnt used to it but then i realized that in some games on certain textures i get lines on them. The lines that im getting are not really lines but more of a lines of blur and i tested this by standing in front of a wall that i got the blur on and i strafed back and fourth and the line would move up the texture when i would move ( on some textures it moves down etc.) I think it might be my graphics drivers but as i dont have much experience with monitors i wanted to ask if and see if anyone had any ideas. I notice the lines of blur when i scroll on websites with firefox.

GPU: Superclocked Evga GTX 550 Ti

Drivers: 310.70 (Latest)

I'm using a dvi cable atm.
December 30, 2012 12:16:36 PM

Try an HDMI cable if you have 1, I had this problem on my HD5850 using the VGA port with an DVI adapter, Try to avoid that if possible. Also make sure that the refresh rate is set properly for that monitor, standard is 60.
m
l
December 30, 2012 2:56:11 PM

Viking2121 said:
Try an HDMI cable if you have 1, I had this problem on my HD5850 using the VGA port with an DVI adapter, Try to avoid that if possible. Also make sure that the refresh rate is set properly for that monitor, standard is 60.

Refresh is set to 60 and I will try a hdmi cable. Any other ideas what could be causing it? I only notice it in some things and not everything.

Also my screen has a like clicking noise coming for the right side. I think its just the plastic shifting since its new but i thought i would ask anyway.
m
l
!