Monitor signal problem please help

clipso

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Ok so here is the scenario. I recently biult a computer and have the xfx 7850 Graphic card in it. It It has two dvi ports one supports analog conversion to VGA. so i bought an adapter and hooked it up to my tv but no signal.

I have the computer preferences set up for two monitors. When i unplug the vga from my tv and plug it into a old monitor i have it works fine. I have a Vizio e-series 42 inch tv. But it just keeps saying no signal.

I know the adapter and chord are fine because i tested it on the old monitor i had in my closet. I have the old monitor sitting by my tv and i had it all set up for dual monitors using the old monitor. I unplug it from the old monitor and plug it directly into the tv a couple feet away and no signal.

What would be the reason for this? As of right now i am on my good computer monitor, it is set at desktop 2, and i can see desktop 1 (my tv) just still says no signal on my tv.

I have completely run out of ideas, if you guys can give me any thing to try here i would appreciate it.

crazyg0053

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
What resolution is your system set to currently? Is your TV HD? If so is it 720 or 1080p? It may be that your system is trying to send a resolution that is beyond the bounds of your TV.

clipso

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Well, Yes it is a HD TV 1080p I go into the control panel from my computer monitor and i have the tv vga set to 1080p at 60 hrz, I have also tried turning the resolution on for the tv output down to 800x600 still says no signal.