Which Macro-Canon or Tamron

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
May 31, 2005 5:38:53 AM

Decisions Decisions
Hi; I'm a guy in his upper 70's who can't make up his mind between the
following lenses:
Canon-EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Tamron-SP AF 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro
The reviews have been excellent for each one. Probably the answer is choose
either one.
I've got to decide soon. Thank you for any feedback.
I'm posting this on all the other digital newsgroups

More about : macro canon tamron

Anonymous
May 31, 2005 12:06:53 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.rangefinder (More info?)

"Ben" <bcurley1@comcast.net> writes:
> Hi; I'm a guy in his upper 70's who can't make up his mind between
> the following lenses:
> Canon-EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
> Tamron-SP AF 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro
> I'm posting this on all the other digital newsgroups

First: IF you are going to post to a number of groups,
please. please cross-post, do not post a separate copy in
each newsgroup.

Second: This question is /only/ on-topic in
rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
May 31, 2005 10:21:42 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.rangefinder (More info?)

Ryadia@Home wrote:
> Hey God... When do you do the walk on water thing?
Childish. But typical.

> Totally on topic in this group
What? Check your post Douglas - *you* cross-posted this message to the
rec..zlr, ..point+shoot and ..rangefinder groups - can you explain how
an interchangable lens question is ontopic in these groups?

> It's traditional, painter's use it...blah blah
> (commercial site deleted)

It seems your attitude to advertising has relaxed dramatically.. Is
that ontopic and in the spirit of usenet? Can you spell 'hypocrisy'?

Anyway, to answer the question - yes they are both fine lenses, so take
your camera to the store and see which one feels right, buy it and stop
agonising!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 12:33:14 AM

Gisle Hannemyr wrote:

> Second: This question is /only/ on-topic in
> rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Hey God... When do you do the walk on water thing?
Totally on topic in this group and cross posting is not an appropriate
way to place messages in multiple groups, only in a second group.

--
Douglas...
It's traditional, painter's use it, Rembrandt used it.

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.rangefinder (More info?)

Do you check these newsgroups waiting to jump on something? I guess I made
your day.
"Gisle Hannemyr" <gisle+news@ifi.uio.no> wrote in message
> "Ben" <bcurley1@comcast.net> writes:
> > Hi; I'm a guy in his upper 70's who can't make up his mind between
> > the following lenses:
> > Canon-EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
> > Tamron-SP AF 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro
> > I'm posting this on all the other digital newsgroups
>
> First: IF you are going to post to a number of groups,
> please. please cross-post, do not post a separate copy in
> each newsgroup.
>
> Second: This question is /only/ on-topic in
> rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
> --
> - gisle hannemyr [ gisle{at}hannemyr.no - http://folk.uio.no/gisle/ ]
> Kodak DCS460, Canon Powershot G5, Olympus 2020Z
June 1, 2005 4:16:21 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.rangefinder (More info?)

That last sentence in the reply before this should have been "I guess
news:D KOdneOJBM1kuQDfRVn-uA@comcast.com...