Games running slow on MSI GTX 670?

G

Hey guys I've just bought a new MSI GTX 670 2gb (Not Overclocking but able to)
and I have been testing all my new games and they seem to work fine but on a few games not on maxed settings I get a pretty bad frame rate.

For example on Farcry 3 I can only get a decent frame rate on medium settings! :(
Could this be because Im running it on an I5 processor?
I also only have 6gbs of RAM, could this be the issue?

Any help guys? :cry:

Solution
G
That should not be happening on a 670, especially with an i5... go to Nvidia's website and install the latest driver for your card!

jthill909

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
I just ordered a 670 today, lol (EVGA FTW). I really don't know why that would happen. An i5 shouldn't even be close to being a bottlekneck for this card. The RAM could be a bottlekneck in the sense that 8 gb is recommended for gaming, but I highly doubt this to be the issue.

Is that the Power Edition or the Reference design card? Tom's did post an article regarding the stock voltages being tampered with by MSI, but those cards should have been phased out by now.

To be completely honest, I have no idea what your problem could be. Sorry :(

G

That should not be happening on a 670, especially with an i5... go to Nvidia's website and install the latest driver for your card!

Solution
G

Yeah idk either Im even gettinga few fps drops in diablo 3 not even at max settings!!!!

G

CPU: Intel Core i5 650 3.20 GHz
Motherboard: MSI H55M-E33
RAM: 6gb (I plan on upgrading to 8 soon)
I have about 1.08 tb of hard drive space still on my pc.
power Supply: Cooler Master GX 750W 80PLUS Certified Active PFC/PWM (Also newly bought with my graphics card)

G

No i definitley didnt expect 60fps on farcry! :p
Its just when I started getting a lot of lag on sc2 and Diablo 3 i was getting a little angry! Thanks for everyones help, it kind of sorted it self out :/

TRENDING THREADS