Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New gaming pc build want to see if all these parts are compatible

Last response: in Systems
Share
February 15, 2013 6:10:26 PM

I'm finally getting around to putting together a PC from scratch and could use some advise. More precisely I actually need someone to check over my build primarily to ensure that all components are compatible with one another. here are the spec

motherboard=ASUS M5A97 AMD 9 Series AM3+ Motherboard - ATX, Socket AM3+, AMD 970 Chipset, 2133MHz DDR3 (O.C.), SATA 6.0 Gb/s, 8-CH Audio, Gigabit LAN, SuperSpeed USB 3.0, CrossFireX Ready (tigerdirect.com)

cpu=AMD FD6200FRGUBOX FX-6200 Processor - Six Core, 8MB L3 Cache, 6MB L2 Cache, 3.80GHz (4.10GHz Max Turbo), Socket AM3+, 125W, Fan, Unlocked, Retail (tigerdirect.com)

ram=Patriot Viper 3 Intel Extreme Masters PVI38G186C9K 8GB Limited Edition Memory Kit - 2 x 4GB, PC3-15000, 1866MHz, 9-10-9-27, 1.5V (tigerdirect.com)

cpu cooler=Corsair Hydro Series H55 Quiet Edition Liquid CPU Cooler (CW-9060010-WW)(amazon.com)

video card=MSI R7770-2PMD1GD5/OC Radeon HD 7770 Video Card - 1024MB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0 (x16), 1x DVI, 2x Mini DisplayPort, 1x HDMI, DirectX 11, Dual-Slot, CrossFireX Ready, Eyefinity, Overclocked (tigerdirect.com)

ssd=ADATA USA Premier Pro 2.5-Inch 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive ASP900S3-128GM-C (amazon.com)

hhd=WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB Desktop Hard Drive - 3.5", SATA, 7200RPM, 64MB Cache (tigerdirect.com)

power supply=Coolmax ZU Series ZU-800B 800W Power Supply - 140mm Fan, 80PLUS Bronze, ATX, Modular, Active PFC, NVIDIA SLI or ATI CrossFire (tigerdirect.com)

case=Apevia X-Trooper Mid Tower Case w/ Blue LED (amazon.com)


this computer is gonna be mostly use for mmorpg games for maxx setting to thanks
February 15, 2013 6:29:41 PM

Um, the links to these products would be nice, because the info used to see if the parts are compatible aren't all there, but, I would recommend a better GPU and only get the cooler if you plan to overclock, the processor and the motherboard will go together, and I'm not exactly sure about the RAM and the Motherboard working but I'm pretty sure, if you could suppply tthe links to these parts, I could tell you more.
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 93 B Homebuilt system
February 15, 2013 6:45:10 PM

Avoid Apevia and Coolmax like the plague - two of the worst vendors you could go with. An FX-6200 and Radeon 7770 won't be able to max anything - what is your budget? I could suggest a better system if I knew that.
m
0
l
February 15, 2013 6:47:14 PM
February 15, 2013 6:49:26 PM

I think a budget of $900 would be good, for something a little over average for gaming.
m
0
l
February 15, 2013 6:53:23 PM

Plus, get a better processor(if you intend on gaming only I guess you're fine), you're power supply is fine, could DEFINATELY use most of that max 800 watt power with GPU, but like they said, without knowing you're budget, it's extremely hard to recommend a good mix of parts for the build.
m
0
l
February 15, 2013 6:56:37 PM

yea my budget is around $950 and for the video card it already overclock so i really dont have to max it out and thank for the power supply and tower change them now
m
0
l
February 15, 2013 7:26:26 PM

what wrong with cpu i was always told anything over 6 core is a over kill for gaming
m
0
l
February 15, 2013 7:31:23 PM

Yes, thats fine if this if a gaming only pc, but if u plan on doing any type of modding or something i'd go with an 8 core. Its only $50 more.
m
0
l
February 15, 2013 7:32:57 PM

still looking for a good power supply with modular and around 750 watts
m
0
l
February 15, 2013 8:41:55 PM

do u think 650 watts is good
m
0
l
February 15, 2013 9:02:48 PM

is that power color company any good never heard of them
for video cards
m
0
l
February 15, 2013 9:05:21 PM

is that power color company any good never heard of them
for video cards
m
0
l
a c 93 B Homebuilt system
February 15, 2013 9:22:29 PM

baddane said:
do u think 650 watts is good


650 is definitely plenty for your needs.

Quote:
is that power color company any good never heard of them


They're fine.



You do not want to purchase that case or power supply - both from horrible brands. I wouldn't touch either one with a 10 foot pole. The liquid cooler is unnecessary and I think I would skip the SSD for now and invest in a better video card.

This would be a better setup for your budget:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($52.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($295.66 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($92.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($21.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $943.56
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-15 18:22 EST-0500)
m
0
l
February 15, 2013 9:27:10 PM

ok thanks
m
0
l
February 15, 2013 9:54:58 PM

g-unit1111 said:
650 is definitely plenty for your needs.

Quote:
is that power color company any good never heard of them


They're fine.



You do not want to purchase that case or power supply - both from horrible brands. I wouldn't touch either one with a 10 foot pole. The liquid cooler is unnecessary and I think I would skip the SSD for now and invest in a better video card.

This would be a better setup for your budget:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($52.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($295.66 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($92.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($21.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $943.56
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-15 18:22 EST-0500)


This^ These parts are SO much better than what you selected. No offense, but what you had was a medium settings build for an ultra price, this is high-ultra settings for a fitting price. However, I think you could save a few bucks on the RAM, but it's hard to say as prices have been all over the place lately. Also, the PSU is good, but if you have the money, a nice SeaSonic, XFX or Corsair PSU would be better. I've heard about issues with the Builder series, but then again, this may be a new revision. One last thing, do you live near a Micro Center?
m
0
l
February 15, 2013 10:32:16 PM

g-unit1111 said:
You do not want to purchase that case or power supply - both from horrible brands. I wouldn't touch either one with a 10 foot pole. The liquid cooler is unnecessary and I think I would skip the SSD for now and invest in a better video card.

This would be a better setup for your budget:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($52.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($295.66 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($92.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($21.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $943.56
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-15 18:22 EST-0500)


So much of this. This would completely destroy the original machine.
m
0
l
February 16, 2013 4:48:09 AM

could u do a AMD build g-unit1111 i heard there cheaper then intel if u cant i understand thanks
m
0
l
February 16, 2013 12:30:47 PM

baddane said:
could u do a AMD build g-unit1111 i heard there cheaper then intel if u cant i understand thanks


As long as you don't care about gaming performance.
m
0
l
February 16, 2013 12:39:29 PM

is there a big different between intel and amd game performance ?
m
0
l
February 16, 2013 1:04:46 PM

baddane said:
is there a big different between intel and amd game performance ?


http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/697?vs=701&i=505...

Intel 3570k peaks at a smidgen over 40% faster than the 8350 . . . so depending on the game, yes. Even though it's running at 3.4Ghz instead of 4.0Ghz for the AMD the Intel pretty much destroys it... and they both overclock well.

There are certain things the AMD will be good at... but for gaming machines you want an Intel Ivy/Sandy bridge these days until something new comes out it isn't going to change.

m
0
l
February 16, 2013 1:09:55 PM

ok thanks man what can u tell me about window 7 or window 8 which is better for gaming
m
0
l
February 16, 2013 1:34:54 PM

baddane said:
ok thanks man what can u tell me about window 7 or window 8 which is better for gaming


I haven't seen many benchmarks that really show that huge of a difference, it's really more of a personal preference. You can read about it right here on Toms over at http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/windows-8-gaming-pe...

If you don't want to bother going through it, There was really no difference between the two that you would notice, except for in one game there was a problem running it on Win8, but since the review was from October I'm sure they've fixed that by now.
m
0
l
February 16, 2013 1:45:01 PM

ok thanks again
m
0
l
a c 93 B Homebuilt system
February 17, 2013 5:38:57 AM

Traciatim said:
I haven't seen many benchmarks that really show that huge of a difference, it's really more of a personal preference. You can read about it right here on Toms over at http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/windows-8-gaming-pe...

If you don't want to bother going through it, There was really no difference between the two that you would notice, except for in one game there was a problem running it on Win8, but since the review was from October I'm sure they've fixed that by now.


Yeah one OS or another won't make a huge difference in how your build performs. Metro I can take it or leave it but the desktop on Windows 8 is business as usual. I'm told there's apps that can manipulate the start screen to be like Windows 7 but I haven't pursued any of them.
m
0
l
!