Sign in with
Your question

Stereo Mix & Sleep Features Buggy

Last response: in Systems
February 15, 2013 7:08:19 PM

Hello, I recently purchased a brand new SSD for my custom built PC at home. However, I am having two unusual issues that I can't seem to figure out.

Problem one, I can't put my computer to sleep. Let me re-phrase, I can use the sleep feature, but my computer will resume power on after about 1-2 minutes or so since it has been put to sleep. Some Power Options that I thought would fix this issue did nothing.

Control Panel --> Power Options --> Advanced settings... this is my configuration

Allow hybrid sleep --> Off
Hibernate after --> Never
Allow wake timers --> Disable

Yet, my computer will still randomly turn on without any buttons or power touched. I was always able to put my computer to sleep when I boot off the HD instead of the SSD. I am running an OCZ-vertex 4.

Secondly, I can't get my stereo mix to work properly like it use to either. I have speakers setup, and also a set of headphones. Now, I can get both of them to work. However, whenever I want to use the Stereo Mix "Listen" feature I can't get my headphones to hear the stereo mix. The only way I was able to get this is to re-install my sound card drivers, and then reboot. However, this is a temp fix! When I power down the computer overnight, and reboot up... it no longer works. I can't hear stereo mix through my headphones no longer.
a b B Homebuilt system
February 15, 2013 7:19:26 PM

Please list your full specs, I think we need further information that way.
m
l
February 22, 2013 5:30:43 AM

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77

I am using Onboard Audio and this chipset is Realtek ALC892.
I am using a Razer Carcharias Headset that is plugged to my Logitech Gaming Keyboard.

I've tried plugging the audio and microphone jacks in the front, and the rear of my tower and doesn't change the factor.

Again, none of these problems occured until I installed my new Solid State Drive, which is a OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-128G.

Can't put computer to sleep, and it seems like my audio drivers just fail on me for Stereo Mix --> Listen to device!!!

It is almost like the computer has flash memory from an older date or something, I don't get it.
m
l
February 22, 2013 8:55:35 PM

Bump, just restarted computer I have to reinstall the drivers again to get "Listen to device" for Stereo Mix to work properly, sigh!!!!!!
m
l
!