Sign in with
Your question

Cheap Graphics Card for a TV

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 30, 2012 5:44:46 AM

Ok, so I am unsure about what graphics card I should get. I need one around $100, give or take 15, that handles games like Supreme Commander 2, Portal 2, Civilization 5, C&C, NFS: Hot Pursuit at reasonably high settings, if possible. You know, RTS/Racing. I don't play any FPS games. Would also like to be able to play games on a 32" 720p TV. Currently looking at this:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

Thanks!! :) 

P.S. I figured it was time to get a dedicated graphics card because when I tried to play Hot Pursuit, even at lowest settings, it was almost unplayable. Currently have an integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200.

P.P.S. I have a 20" 900p monitor, a Phenom II x2 @3.5 GHz processor, 500w power supply, (one graphics power connector), and support for a dual-slot card.

More about : cheap graphics card

a b U Graphics card
December 30, 2012 6:08:12 AM

hello... what connection options does you TV have? most cards now will do 1080P play back on such TV's using HDMI or DVI-D cable with a seperate audio cable to your audio input for sound too... using a VGA/Svideo input can give some TV's problems with syncing to modern video cards.

that card would be good with your CPU...

but not a great gamer speedster... can you EBay a GTX 460 in your price range?
m
l
December 30, 2012 6:40:36 AM

Ironsounds said:
hello... what connection options does you TV have? most cards now will do 1080P play back on such TV's using HDMI or DVI-D cable with a seperate audio cable to your audio input for sound too... using a VGA/Svideo input can give some TV's problems with syncing to modern video cards.

that card would be good with your CPU...

but not a great gamer speedster... can you EBay a GTX 460 in your price range?

My TV has a VGA, S Video, component, HDMI, and Red/White/Yellow. And I could try, I have heard that the 460 was good if you could get a good deal on it.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 30, 2012 6:45:17 AM

hello... it is good for a few more years... get the 1Gig model vs 768 if you can swing it... then you use the HDMI for sound though it... if need be.
Will run dual monitors at 1080P...
m
l
December 30, 2012 6:48:01 AM

Ironsounds said:
hello... it is good for a few more years... get the 1Gig model vs 768 if you can swing it... then you use the HDMI for sound though it... if need be.

I am using sound through a home theater system. Its hooked up to my computer, not the TV. And thank you! greatly appreciated!!
m
l
!