chiknwingding

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Ok, so I am unsure about what graphics card I should get. I need one around $100, give or take 15, that handles games like Supreme Commander 2, Portal 2, Civilization 5, C&C, NFS: Hot Pursuit at reasonably high settings, if possible. You know, RTS/Racing. I don't play any FPS games. Would also like to be able to play games on a 32" 720p TV. Currently looking at this:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=869628&CatId=7005

Thanks!! :)

P.S. I figured it was time to get a dedicated graphics card because when I tried to play Hot Pursuit, even at lowest settings, it was almost unplayable. Currently have an integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200.

P.P.S. I have a 20" 900p monitor, a Phenom II x2 @3.5 GHz processor, 500w power supply, (one graphics power connector), and support for a dual-slot card.

hello... what connection options does you TV have? most cards now will do 1080P play back on such TV's using HDMI or DVI-D cable with a seperate audio cable to your audio input for sound too... using a VGA/Svideo input can give some TV's problems with syncing to modern video cards.

that card would be good with your CPU...

but not a great gamer speedster... can you EBay a GTX 460 in your price range?

chiknwingding

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012

My TV has a VGA, S Video, component, HDMI, and Red/White/Yellow. And I could try, I have heard that the 460 was good if you could get a good deal on it.

chiknwingding

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012

I am using sound through a home theater system. Its hooked up to my computer, not the TV. And thank you! greatly appreciated!!