re-installing freecell

I deleted it. Now I want it back. I followed the suggestion to use
control-panel, add/remove etc... I checked hearts and freecell.... clicked
ok/next - it went through some process, but did not ask me to load me CD.
Nothing appears to have happened???? what now.

Go into Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs, then click the Add/Remove
Windows Components in the left pane. With Accessories and Utilities
highlighted on the first screen, click the Details button. Single
left-click Games in the next screen to highlight it, then again click the
Details button. On the resulting screen you can add or remove check marks
from any of the listed games. OK your way back twice (two screens) then
click the Next button and finally Finish.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

"chasa" <chasa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I deleted it. Now I want it back. I followed the suggestion to use
> control-panel, add/remove etc... I checked hearts and freecell....
> clicked
> ok/next - it went through some process, but did not ask me to load me CD.
> Nothing appears to have happened???? what now.

In order to fix your problem you want to go to the control panel located
under the start menu then double click on Add/Remove Programs icon then
click on the Add/Remove Windows Components on the left of the Add or Remove
Programs windows. When the windows component wizard window displays, make
sure accesories and utilies is selected. Then click details located on the
bottom right of the window. Select games and the click details again. If the
Freecell box is not checked, click on it and the click okay. Click okay
again to close the accessories and utilies window. Click next on the Windows
component Wizard. then wait for it to install the game the click finish.
"chasa" <chasa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I deleted it. Now I want it back. I followed the suggestion to use
> control-panel, add/remove etc... I checked hearts and freecell....
> clicked
> ok/next - it went through some process, but did not ask me to load me CD.
> Nothing appears to have happened???? what now.

this did not restore freecell.
(I have done this numerous times, as mentioned in the original posting)
It goes thru some kind of process, never asks for the CD, and completes
without restoring freecell. :-(

and ideas?

"colin goodwin" wrote:

> In order to fix your problem you want to go to the control panel located
> under the start menu then double click on Add/Remove Programs icon then
> click on the Add/Remove Windows Components on the left of the Add or Remove
> Programs windows. When the windows component wizard window displays, make
> sure accesories and utilies is selected. Then click details located on the
> bottom right of the window. Select games and the click details again. If the
> Freecell box is not checked, click on it and the click okay. Click okay
> again to close the accessories and utilies window. Click next on the Windows
> component Wizard. then wait for it to install the game the click finish.
> "chasa" <chasa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I deleted it. Now I want it back. I followed the suggestion to use
> > control-panel, add/remove etc... I checked hearts and freecell....
> > clicked
> > ok/next - it went through some process, but did not ask me to load me CD.
> > Nothing appears to have happened???? what now.

Hi Chasa,

Go through the process of checking the games as if they
are installed and you want to uninstall them.

Let Windows go through the process as if it's uninstalling
the games.

Reboot

Try installing the games again. It should work. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Microsoft's Game Support Center: http://www.support.microsoft.com/games

"chasa" <chasa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4154A4BA-61DF-4C2D-A08C-E4AA5A0A3346@microsoft.com...
| this did not restore freecell.
| (I have done this numerous times, as mentioned in the original posting)
| It goes thru some kind of process, never asks for the CD, and completes
| without restoring freecell. :-(
|
| and ideas?
|

| "colin goodwin" wrote:
|
| > In order to fix your problem you want to go to the control panel located
| > under the start menu then double click on Add/Remove Programs icon then
| > click on the Add/Remove Windows Components on the left of the Add or Remove
| > Programs windows. When the windows component wizard window displays, make
| > sure accesories and utilies is selected. Then click details located on the
| > bottom right of the window. Select games and the click details again. If the
| > Freecell box is not checked, click on it and the click okay. Click okay
| > again to close the accessories and utilies window. Click next on the Windows
| > component Wizard. then wait for it to install the game the click finish.
| > "chasa" <chasa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > >I deleted it. Now I want it back. I followed the suggestion to use
| > > control-panel, add/remove etc... I checked hearts and freecell....
| > > clicked
| > > ok/next - it went through some process, but did not ask me to load me CD.
| > > Nothing appears to have happened???? what now.

I got solitaire (regular & spider) back, but freecell refuses to come back.
I've been able to delete and restore the solitaire's a few times but
freecell never budges :-(

"Chris H." wrote:

> Go into Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs, then click the Add/Remove
> Windows Components in the left pane. With Accessories and Utilities
> highlighted on the first screen, click the Details button. Single
> left-click Games in the next screen to highlight it, then again click the
> Details button. On the resulting screen you can add or remove check marks
> from any of the listed games. OK your way back twice (two screens) then
> click the Next button and finally Finish.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> Associate Expert
>

> "chasa" <chasa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I deleted it. Now I want it back. I followed the suggestion to use
> > control-panel, add/remove etc... I checked hearts and freecell....
> > clicked
> > ok/next - it went through some process, but did not ask me to load me CD.
> > Nothing appears to have happened???? what now.

Hi Chasa,

Try a Start / Search for Freecell, and if found make a shortcut
for it on your desktop. It's probably the easiest way to fix that. :)