Mpixel Nokia 6230??

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

Just as a point of interest, I wonder if any of you chaps know what the Mega
pixel resolution is, of the Nokia 6230??

(and before you mention, it's NITFM!) :-)

Where as Nokia 6230i (and many others) are 1.30 Mpixel, what is the 6230
0.XX Mpixel.

Thanks to anyone knowlegable.

Cheers
12 answers Last reply
More about mpixel nokia 6230
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    > Just as a point of interest, I wonder if any of you chaps know what the
    > Mega
    > pixel resolution is, of the Nokia 6230??
    >
    > (and before you mention, it's NITFM!) :-)
    >
    > Where as Nokia 6230i (and many others) are 1.30 Mpixel, what is the 6230
    > 0.XX Mpixel.
    >
    > Thanks to anyone knowlegable.
    >
    > Cheers

    http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,8764,72156,00.html

    I think 640 x 480 relates to roughtly 0.3 MP

    HTH

    Chris
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    Thanks for that Chris.
    How dumb of me :-(
    Didn't realize that was the equation

    640 x 480 = 307,200 pixels (.3)
    1280 x 1024 = 1,310,720 pixels (1.3)

    Cheers

    "Chris Jeffries" <chris@NOSPAMchrisjeffries.net> wrote in message
    > > Just as a point of interest, I wonder if any of you chaps know what the
    > > Mega
    > > pixel resolution is, of the Nokia 6230??
    > >
    > > (and before you mention, it's NITFM!) :-)
    > >
    > > Where as Nokia 6230i (and many others) are 1.30 Mpixel, what is the 6230
    > > 0.XX Mpixel.
    > >
    > > Thanks to anyone knowlegable.
    > >
    > > Cheers
    >
    > http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,8764,72156,00.html
    >
    > I think 640 x 480 relates to roughtly 0.3 MP
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Chris

  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    "Kevin I Chapple" <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote in message
    > Thanks for that Chris.
    > How dumb of me :-(
    > Didn't realize that was the equation
    >
    > 640 x 480 = 307,200 pixels (.3)
    > 1280 x 1024 = 1,310,720 pixels (1.3)
    >
    > Cheers

    Don't be too hard on yourself :-)

    I'd bet a pound to a penny that probably 99.9% of teenagers happily videoing
    their private parts wouldn't have known it either.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    > Just as a point of interest, I wonder if any of you chaps know what the
    > Mega
    > pixel resolution is, of the Nokia 6230??
    >
    > (and before you mention, it's NITFM!) :-)
    >
    > Where as Nokia 6230i (and many others) are 1.30 Mpixel, what is the 6230
    > 0.XX Mpixel.

    Keep in mind that it's not just the megapixels that make a camera, as i'm
    sure you maybe know already(?)...

    The samsung d500 is 1.3 megapixels, it's not the best photos ever. BUT this
    applies to any phone currently, so if you're looking for a digital camera
    replacement you'll be waiting a good 1 to 2 years still!
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    But regrettably I am not a teenager.

    With regard to videoing my private parts!! :-) (Only joking)

    ;-)

    "Nick Cleevely" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

    > "Kevin I Chapple" <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote in message
    > > Thanks for that Chris.
    > > How dumb of me :-(
    > > Didn't realize that was the equation
    > >
    > > 640 x 480 = 307,200 pixels (.3)
    > > 1280 x 1024 = 1,310,720 pixels (1.3)
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > >

    > Don't be too hard on yourself :-)
    >
    > I'd bet a pound to a penny that probably 99.9% of teenagers happily
    videoing
    > their private parts wouldn't have known it either.

  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    No not at all.

    The 6230 I have at the moment DOES return good quality pictures, but I just
    wondered (ball park) what the difference is likely to be, "ish", as I intend
    upgrading to the 6230i.

    Currently I run a 35mm Minolta 700si, and the Cannon 350d (6Mpix), but I am
    unable to make calls on either of those cameras!! :-)

    Cheers

    "Yozzi" <yozziNAESPAMWANTED@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > "Kevin I Chapple" <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote in message
    > > Just as a point of interest, I wonder if any of you chaps know what the
    > > Mega
    > > pixel resolution is, of the Nokia 6230??
    > >
    > > (and before you mention, it's NITFM!) :-)
    > >
    > > Where as Nokia 6230i (and many others) are 1.30 Mpixel, what is the 6230
    > > 0.XX Mpixel.
    >
    > Keep in mind that it's not just the megapixels that make a camera, as i'm
    > sure you maybe know already(?)...
    >
    > The samsung d500 is 1.3 megapixels, it's not the best photos ever. BUT
    this
    > applies to any phone currently, so if you're looking for a digital camera
    > replacement you'll be waiting a good 1 to 2 years still!

  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    > I'd bet a pound to a penny that probably 99.9% of teenagers happily
    > videoing their private parts wouldn't have known it either.
    Im not a teenager...............

    Steve
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    > No not at all.
    >
    > The 6230 I have at the moment DOES return good quality pictures, but I
    > just
    > wondered (ball park) what the difference is likely to be, "ish", as I
    > intend
    > upgrading to the 6230i.
    >
    > Currently I run a 35mm Minolta 700si, and the Cannon 350d (6Mpix), but I
    > am
    > unable to make calls on either of those cameras!! :-)

    No no, there's firmware ugprades available for canons to allow basic calling
    features. No sms as of yet though :-(
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    Yozzi,

    I'm aware of the upgrade, but that is only available for the Canon cameras
    made in Hong Kong, and Taiwan. Owing to the fact that I can speak neither of
    those languages, I still need to carry my phone :-))

    Thanks anyway

    ;-)

    > "Kevin I Chapple" <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote in message
    > > No not at all.
    > >
    > > The 6230 I have at the moment DOES return good quality pictures, but I
    > > just
    > > wondered (ball park) what the difference is likely to be, "ish", as I
    > > intend
    > > upgrading to the 6230i.
    > >
    > > Currently I run a 35mm Minolta 700si, and the Cannon 350d (6Mpix), but I
    > > am
    > > unable to make calls on either of those cameras!! :-)
    >
    > No no, there's firmware ugprades available for canons to allow basic
    calling
    > features. No sms as of yet though :-(

  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net declared for all the world to hear...
    > Just as a point of interest, I wonder if any of you chaps know what the Mega
    > pixel resolution is, of the Nokia 6230??

    0.3 or thereabouts.
    --
    Regards
    Jon

    > Yozzi,
    >
    > I'm aware of the upgrade, but that is only available for the Canon cameras
    > made in Hong Kong, and Taiwan. Owing to the fact that I can speak neither
    > of
    > those languages, I still need to carry my phone :-))
    >
    > Thanks anyway
    >
    > ;-)

    That's what i get for making it up....boooo confused yozzi...
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    :-)

    :-)

    > "Kevin I Chapple" <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote in message
    > > Yozzi,
    > >
    > > I'm aware of the upgrade, but that is only available for the Canon
    cameras
    > > made in Hong Kong, and Taiwan. Owing to the fact that I can speak
    neither
    > > of
    > > those languages, I still need to carry my phone :-))
    > >
    > > Thanks anyway
    > >
    > > ;-)
    >
    > That's what i get for making it up....boooo confused yozzi...

Nokia Mobile Resolution