Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Is the Radeon HD 7850 capable of running Far Cry 3 on high settings?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 30, 2012 12:16:22 PM

Interested on seeing what games the HD 7850 can run since this is my very first gaming GPU and would like to know how much frames per second I'll get with Far Cry 3 on High Settings at 1600 x 900 Resolution
December 30, 2012 12:43:44 PM

Well from what I seen,Far Cry 3 was capable of running on the hd 7850 and get a average of 36 FPS on 1080p with everything on Ultra :p 

But was just wondering
Score
0
Related resources

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
December 30, 2012 12:47:20 PM

easily 50 fps on very high setting (one setting lower than ultra) at 1600*900
Share
December 30, 2012 12:49:42 PM

Really? well for my first Gaming GPU,think I spent my 190$ pretty wisely,also is it possible to run Crysis 3 on this GPU along with 8 GB RAM and Intel Core i5 2500K Processor?
Score
0
a c 122 U Graphics card
December 30, 2012 12:54:42 PM

After some overclocking you might see some good performance.
My overclocked 7870 is getting a fairly solid 50FPS with the "Optimal" preset (which is everything "High" or "Very High") and MSAA turned off.
So overclock your 7850 and I would say 40-45FPS.
Score
0
December 30, 2012 12:57:22 PM

manofchalk said:
After some overclocking you might see some good performance.
My overclocked 7870 is getting a fairly solid 50FPS with the "Optimal" preset (which is everything "High" or "Very High") and MSAA turned off.
So overclock your 7850 and I would say 40-45FPS.

Well,sadly the motherboard I have is not overclockable since the PC rig I have is sorta a budget gaming rig :/ 
Score
0
December 30, 2012 12:58:03 PM

mohit9206 said:
easily 50 fps on very high setting (one setting lower than ultra) at 1600*900

Will this GPU also be able to run Crysis 3 atleast low settings?
Score
0
a c 122 U Graphics card
December 30, 2012 12:58:07 PM

You cant overclock the CPU, but you can on the GPU. A GPU will overclock regardless of what board its on.
Score
0
December 30, 2012 1:00:03 PM

manofchalk said:
You cant overclock the CPU, but you can on the GPU. A GPU will overclock regardless of what board its on.

Wait you don't need a specific overclockable motherboard for overclocking GPU's?
Score
0
a c 122 U Graphics card
December 30, 2012 1:04:16 PM

Nup, the motherboard chipset is only a concern in CPU overclocking.

A 7850 will run Crysis 3 at low settings. Pretty much any game will run at low settings on 3yr old hardware, mid-range modern hardware will be fine.
Score
0
December 30, 2012 1:07:02 PM

manofchalk said:
Nup, the motherboard chipset is only a concern in CPU overclocking.

A 7850 will run Crysis 3 at low settings. Pretty much any game will run at low settings on 3yr old hardware, mid-range modern hardware will be fine.

Wait,the 7850 is 3 years old?!?!? thought it was 1 or 2.... :p  pretty impressive for a mid range GPU
Score
0
a c 122 U Graphics card
December 30, 2012 1:13:51 PM

No, the 7850 is the mid-range modern hardware. It was released in February I think. Turns out it was March 19.

Was just saying that due to the slow upgrade cycle of the average PC owner, and the even slower console cycle, any game will run on hardware at least up to 3yr's old. If they didn't ensure that capability they would lose a good chunk of the market.
The minimum requirement on most games is something like a 3Ghz+ Core 2 Duo, a 256MB graphics card and 1GB of RAM.

I suspect the 7850 would manage medium settings at 1080p in Crysis 3. Unless they pull a Crysis and release a game that cant be maxed out by even the cutting edge components of the time.
Score
0
December 30, 2012 1:18:21 PM

manofchalk said:
No, the 7850 is the mid-range modern hardware. It was released in February I think.

Was just saying that due to the slow upgrade cycle of the average PC owner, and the even slower console cycle, any game will run on hardware at least up to 3yr's old. If they didn't ensure that capability they would lose a good chunk of the market.
The minimum requirement on most games is something like a 3Ghz+ Core 2 Duo, a 256MB graphics card and 1GB of RAM.

I suspect the 78509 would manage medium settings at 1080p. Unless they pull a Crysis and release a game that cant be maxed out by even the cutting edge components of the time.

Well I was looking at a video on Crysis 3 Alpha being played on a HD 7850 and was capable of getting 40-60 fps on medium settings at 1440x1040 I believe?anyways thank you very much for the info and now can feel good about my 190$ purchase :) 
Score
0
December 30, 2012 1:43:24 PM

Best answer selected by ElectroiDFiRe.
Score
0
!